Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Turn Signal Reminder

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by LadyStinger, Jul 11, 2018.

1. LadyStinger

LadyStinger United States New Member

Even my Husband's "96 Impala SS(last millennium) has a reminder that the turn signal has been on too long. Do we have one for our Stingers'?

2. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

GM was good about things like that; my '97 Pontiac also had the feature. But if the Stinger has it, I evidently haven't left the turn signal on long enough yet. And given the placement of the dashboard indicator lights (too far to the sides), it needs it.

3. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

Def needs this and does NOT have it. Also it doesnt "click" very loudly either while on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

#thingsoldpeoplesay (i'm old too)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

But I've gotta say, the last few times I was cursing people under my breath for driving with a perpetual turn signal, they turned out to be half my age. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fenweekooo

Fenweekooo United States Member

is that not what the click click click click click is for? i have never had a car with another reminder, how else do they remind you?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States Stinger Enthusiast

The "tock" sound of the Stinger's turn signals is one of the loudest I have heard. And the indicators being too high and too far out to the sides? Not for me. And I am 6'3". I've got the seat lowered to the floor and the steering wheel raised enough to easily see the turn signal indicators without moving my head (this is recent; for the first three months I had to dip my chin and angle my head just a bit to see either indicator). Play with seat and wheel adjustment until you get it just right.

8. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

Yeah...it doesn’t need this lol.

9. Alagos

Alagos Germany Member

Here in Germany people don’t Need that. Why ? They just don’t use the Signgal Most of the time - this is my experience .. maybe the „tick Tick“ is going on their nerves - or phoning with with mobile in hands / smoking is it what Makes them not to set Signal ..

Nah, for real.. Short tip for change lane and pushing it Full for Turning - Turns off after turn is over.

In my Testdrive and for now with my Lancer Sportback until Next year, it’s more that way, that it turns off the Signal too early on some streets where You want to turn.

10. MerlintheMad

@Alagos: From what you say, it sounds like German drivers change lanes abruptly without signaling. Here, when people don't signal lane changing (a lot of them), they as likely as not simply drift/wander across, even hovering on the lane dividing line as if they might just as well drift/wander back again. Aggravating! I want a small nuke to blast them out of the way.

11. Alagos

Alagos Germany Member

yeah... wish it here too. These Moments with 180 km/h when Happening so - really, after that no coffee needed. And it feels like they become more and more who drives like that .. anonymous Style

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. MerlintheMad

"No coffee needed", LOL! :D

13. bumble bee

bumble bee United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Cars and coffee my man! THUMBS UP!

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted