kia stinger store

Tuning question

Slow jams

So I’m noticing videos on YouTube That shows (stock stingers 2018) run higher numbers in 0 to 60 and quarter mile. Than I see stock (stingers 2020) running faster times 0 to 60 and quarter mile than the 2018 models... So someone comment their tune differently from factory... Because it’s a 3.3 TT In both models right? So if I add a JB4 to a 2020 that was running faster times than the 2018 does the JB4 level the field? Both Vehicles would run the same time now since they both have the same tune correct? Also have to take into account vehicle trim level... Driver and car weight. How much gas is in the vehicle what type of gas is in the vehicle 87 etc.

AWDGT2

You forgot, air temperature, track prep, barometric pressure, and probably more. Your question is ambiguous and cant be answered.

oddball

I think it's unlikely anything changed from Kia for 2020, unless they're advertising a higher HP/TQ figure (which I don't think they are).

tim4

Newish Member
Your might be referring to my video I ran a 12.82 1/4 and 4.6 0-60 on dragy stock. Someone did comment theorizing 2020 got a better tune but Kia never said anything. I do see the 2018’s def seem to be slower than the 2020s. Idk the explanation. But to answer your question jb4 is not a real ECM and TCM tune. It just raises the boost levels on the stock tune. I have yet to see a 2020 with the jb4 on YouTube. I would be interested to see the results.

Slow jams

Your might be referring to my video I ran a 12.82 1/4 and 4.6 0-60 on dragy stock. Someone did comment theorizing 2020 got a better tune but Kia never said anything. I do see the 2018’s def seem to be slower than the 2020s. Idk the explanation. But to answer your question jb4 is not a real ECM and TCM tune. It just raises the boost levels on the stock tune. I have yet to see a 2020 with the jb4 on YouTube. I would be interested to see the results.
Yes
so 2019 stinger GT

your 2020 stinger gt

same engine correct... I was just having a conversation with my friend who is an engineer. He used to build subs for the Navy. Lost count of the cars he built to... Different era.... But he did mention Tuning... both engines are supposed to be the same but things do happen on the assembly line so there is ... I forgot what he called it where things are supposed to be identical as possible But within its limits... I know for a fact the stinger is no joke I’ve eaten up quite a few mustangs.... And other vehicles..I have no shot against a hellcat ive tried

G70 Owner

You forgot, air temperature, track prep, barometric pressure, and probably more. Your question is ambiguous and cant be answered.
1000% this. DA will cause huge variances between identical cars

tim4

Newish Member
Yes
so 2019 stinger GT

your 2020 stinger gt

same engine correct... I was just having a conversation with my friend who is an engineer. He used to build subs for the Navy. Lost count of the cars he built to... Different era.... But he did mention Tuning... both engines are supposed to be the same but things do happen on the assembly line so there is ... I forgot what he called it where things are supposed to be identical as possible But within its limits... I know for a fact the stinger is no joke I’ve eaten up quite a few mustangs.... And other vehicles..I have no shot against a hellcat ive tried
Don’t even count that dude Audi Quattros time I think he puts 87 in the tank n lets off throttle at end because he’s a Audi dicker n doesn’t want stinger to run good times. But I don’t think I’ve seen a 2018 get below 13 1/4 stock yet. But like a other person said DA plays a huge factor. People that live in the mountains and air is thinner will struggle getting good times.

tim4

Newish Member
Yes
so 2019 stinger GT

your 2020 stinger gt

From a dig on the street stinger should smack a hellcat they can’t hook for shit on the street lol

turboAWD

Sustaining Member
West Coast
There are always "factory freaks". In general, HP claims are like +- 5% from the "official" number. Although, when almost all of them are in the minus part (like certain Mustang Cobra Rs in the early 2000s, IIRC), there are lawsuits, Ford had to compensate them or fix the engines or something, I forget.

But if you take 365 + 5%, that's like 383. -5% is 347. That's a range of ~36 hp. That will make a small difference in timing. Plus, elevation, temperature, quality of fuel, etc..

tim4

Newish Member
Yes
so 2019 stinger GT

your 2020 stinger gt

Also the first video is in a GT2 AWD my video is base GT AWD the GT2 AWDis 4147lbs the base GT AWD is 4023lbs. That makes a pretty big difference. The base GT AWD n RWD are significantly lighter than the GT1/2 counterparts