kia stinger store

TSB for MY22 internal Door Handle Issue

Docked Wages

Newish Member
So they can't simply be fixed if they haven't broken yet?
The brass threaded inserts are pulling out of the handle. This is because someone at the injection mold press changed one of the processing parameters when the parts were molded.

Inserts are usually pressed in using an ultrasonic press. Basically, the insert is shoved into a hole that is an interference fit and as it goes in the ultrasonic vibrations melt the plastic as it goes in. Inserts pull out because the hole in the plastic was ever so slightly larger and not enough plastic melted to encapsulate the knurled edge of the insert that would normally hold it in place.

Nothing anyone can do to prevent them from pulling out if the handle is from the affected production run.

That said, in the county where I live both of the dealers suck so I'll pull my door panels and epoxy the inserts back in myself.

It may take me a couple of hours but it's less time than I'll waste at the dealer. Plus I don't have to worry about my car getting damaged or it coming back with new squeaks and rattles.

Last edited:

Docked Wages

Newish Member
There's already a youtube video on getting the panel off. The service manual download shows where the doghouses are on the back side.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
I've used jbweld before to reattach broken plastic (abs) motorcycle fairing tabs. This stuff is super strong, guaranteed never separate if applied well. Allow cure over night in ambient temps over 70F for best results.

Brewty

Hello, first post here. The drivers side was broken when we bought ours and they said the panel was on order. That was nearly two months ago. Yesterday the passenger side broke. My wife isn’t real happy that her $60k car is having these issues.

Attachments

• 61E4A62D-32F9-44A0-BC43-BABF8033C218.jpeg
    61E4A62D-32F9-44A0-BC43-BABF8033C218.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Hello, first post here. The drivers side was broken when we bought ours and they said the panel was on order. That was nearly two months ago. Yesterday the passenger side broke. My wife isn’t real happy that her $60k car is having these issues.
Yeah, something slipped in production. They'll make it right, it will just take a little while. Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Brewty

Update:
Today I drove two hours to the dealership where I purchased my car. They told me there were parts in for both doors and it would take most of the day to fix it. Fast forward 5 hours and they let me know they do have parts that would fix it but Kia has “new upgraded parts” that are being recommended so they won’t be fixing my car until these new parts arrive…

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
^^It would be too much to ask to be notified of this before you waste your time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
Came across this on the nhtsa.gov site

TSB attached. It doesn't give the vin range, just says 2/17 through 6/17/2021. Mine was built 6/9. Both door handles still attached. I'll call up the dealer tomorrow to confirm applicability.

Attachments

• MC-10200333-0001.pdf
    497 KB · Views: 3
new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!