• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Towel water streaking when drying the car

SFM

Fujairah, UAE
Instead of using a towel for drying, have you considered using a blower? I bought a Bosch one because it had the highest air volume and speed I could find and it works a treat - no streaks, much faster than using towels and no more water dripping from the mirrors, bottom of doors, tailgate, etc.

GBL 18V-120 Cordless Blower | Bosch Professional
I use a small electric blower for side mirrors, tailgate, exhaust tips, and front grille. I should try drying the car with the blower. Thanks.

Grump

Ontario, Canada
I won't drive while my car is still wet, the droplets pick up too much dust.

I use "Griot's Garage 55596 Extra-Large PFM Edgeless Drying Towel" and it does a perfect job on the entire car. Lay it out like a beach blanket on the roof/glass/hood/trunk and drag it off, takes 1 swipe and that section is done. Then do the mirrors, doors, rockers, door jambs, etc. Cleanest parts to dirtiest parts (even tho you just washed it) to avoid scratches. I still get drips from the mirrors but I'm usually tidying up and grab them with my small microfibres or dab with the XL above. Then I'll drive to get anything I missed.

Check the reviews it works amazing. Still wish I had a good blower though.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

I use "Griot's Garage 55596 Extra-Large PFM Edgeless Drying Towel" and it does a perfect job on the entire car. Lay it out like a beach blanket on the roof/glass/hood/trunk and drag it off, takes 1 swipe and that section is done. Then do the mirrors, doors, rockers, door jambs, etc. Cleanest parts to dirtiest parts (even tho you just washed it) to avoid scratches. I still get drips from the mirrors but I'm usually tidying up and grab them with my small microfibres or dab with the XL above. Then I'll drive to get anything I missed.

........don't we all ..................

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Devin

Sustaining Member
Seattle-ish
How is it any different than driving down the highway?
How is it worse than dragging a towel across the paint which could drag any contaminates with it?
Yeah, not arguing on this one.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Read the reviews on those BIG Griot's towels: ordered two of them just now. :D :thumbup:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I got my Griot's towels yesterday. Looking forward to an even easier time drying.

Why am I not surprised to learn that I am supposed to put 2-4 ounces of "microfiber and foam pad cleaner" in the washing machine along with my "favorite laundry detergent"? What is that clear stuff anyway? Probably just a super mild (low suds) dishwashing liquid. :D I mean, holy crap, at 4 oz. per wash, you would need another 35 oz. bottle of "microfiber and foam pad cleaner" every eight washes: at fifteen bucks a bottle.

Let's look into this: I've been washing Viking drying towels (four of them) for several years now, with a dash of Kirkland's laundry detergent in a "small" load. I haven't noticed any reduction in wicking power in the microfiber in all this time, so, what are these "released and removed residues" of which Griot speaks? Maybe having soft water is the secret to reducing "residues", rendering "microfiber and foam pad cleaner" redundant (other than the warm fuzzy feeling of a placebo).

One other thing: I am supposed to wash this ultra primo drying towel in hot water? :cautious: (I still wonder what possessed me to change my mind and buy a $45 TOWEL (x2, no less :rofl:)) If I do that, I can't wash it with my Viking or hand microfiber towels, which must be washed in warm/cold: I'm not going with this: I'm going to assume that Griot expects most buyers to be barbarians who get their drying towels actually dirty: and break the number one commandment by using a drying towel more than once between launderings. Not guilty.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
I use a leaf blower. I don’t want to keep wringing drying towels.

StingertimeNC

Stinger Enthusiast
NC

Grump

Ontario, Canada
I got my Griot's towels yesterday. Looking forward to an even easier time drying.

Why am I not surprised to learn that I am supposed to put 2-4 ounces of "microfiber and foam pad cleaner" in the washing machine along with my "favorite laundry detergent"? What is that clear stuff anyway? Probably just a super mild (low suds) dishwashing liquid. :D I mean, holy crap, at 4 oz. per wash, you would need another 35 oz. bottle of "microfiber and foam pad cleaner" every eight washes: at fifteen bucks a bottle.

Let's look into this: I've been washing Viking drying towels (four of them) for several years now, with a dash of Kirkland's laundry detergent in a "small" load. I haven't noticed any reduction in wicking power in the microfiber in all this time, so, what are these "released and removed residues" of which Griot speaks? Maybe having soft water is the secret to reducing "residues", rendering "microfiber and foam pad cleaner" redundant (other than the warm fuzzy feeling of a placebo).

One other thing: I am supposed to wash this ultra primo drying towel in hot water? :cautious: (I still wonder what possessed me to change my mind and buy a $45 TOWEL (x2, no less :rofl:)) If I do that, I can't wash it with my Viking or hand microfiber towels, which must be washed in warm/cold: I'm not going with this: I'm going to assume that Griot expects most buyers to be barbarians who get their drying towels actually dirty: and break the number one commandment by using a drying towel more than once between launderings. Not guilty.
I wash it with the rest of my microfibres with regular scentless/dye free powdered detergent and dry it on low. It'll be fine.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Great towel! :thumbup: I just washed my car and the Griot Extra-Large PFM® Edgeless Drying Towel is barely damp. Of course, I used the glass side of my Viking 2x3' towel to dry the glass, and I used it again on the wheels (the Griot is too bulky for tight, fiddly areas: I mean, you could, but why knock yourself out?). So, the Griot got dragged across the roof, hatch and hood, and patted down the sides, rear and front.

$45 for a towel? Actually, by bulk, the Griot is pretty close to three normal microfiber 2x3' towels, and the pile is softer and more absorbent: you are getting better quality for that extra c. $9 when you buy this single drying towel. The Griot really does wick off all water in a single pass.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SneakerB

ill give you a fool proof solution! wash and dry the car like normal as best you can! it will probably leave water spots and streaks mine always does and i have super hard water! once your done and the car is completely dry use some type of waterless wash spray and go back over the entire car using it i use meguirs waterless wash and it works wonders!