Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Top of Door Trim: Discoloration

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Long Beach Jim, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Long Beach Jim

Long Beach Jim United States Newish Member

Just took delivery of a new 2018 GT2 and discovered that three dark grey trim pieces are heavily discolored with a corroded peeling look (the very top trim on a door and the two trim pieces which flank the rear hatch glass). Dealer submitted work order for repair and told me he’s seen it before. I’m wondering if this is a common or ongoing problem and if Kia has re-engineered this trim. I guess I could consider a wrap if it reoccurs. It looks terrible.

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

"Picture is worth a thousand words." :thumbup:

Welcome, by the way. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Expert4

Expert4 United States Active Member

Peel the film off. Problem solved. Dealerships are not trained to peel it off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DDANDERS

DDANDERS United States New Member

What’s the best way to peel off the film?

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

This has to be one of the oddest threads going. "Film" refers to the packing film often overlooked by the car prep goons at the dealership, who are inarguably supposed to find and remove all of that. There isn't a discolored "film" causing the dark chrome to look, well, discolored.

Why, is your car showing this flaw?

Welcome, btw, even though you weren't introducing yourself. :p

6. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

............fingers work well .................. and I'm not trying to be smart !

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted