kia stinger store

Thinking of getting a Stinger

shoengine

Sustaining Member +
What're the other cars you are looking at, in addition to the Stinger?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
There is no try, only DO. :D

docmogas

Yeah curious what else you're thinking about. I just got my stinger back in DEC and what sold me was the performance plus the functionality. Had a mustang before, which was fun, but having a coupe became a major inconvenience. Plus the stinger being a hatchback has been something I've really come to love.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Hello!

Thinking of getting a stinger 3.3 with AWD and investigating the possible upgrades available to boost performance.
There's plenty of options, from mild to insane. Would depend on performance goals and budget, of course.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Hello!

Thinking of getting a stinger 3.3 with AWD and investigating the possible upgrades available to boost performance.
Just do it ! you'll love it ...........where are you located , I might have a special deal for you

Reval

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Im located in Tallinn, Estonia.

In addition to the Stinger im looking at other cars that are around the same price of the stinger +\- 5k:
1. Golf R (newest 47k eur)
2. BMW 540i xdrive M package 2018 (48k eur)
3. Wait for 2.5 i4 stinger and see what kind of tunes will be available.

I use to drive a BMW 530i 1995, which is not comparable to modern cars of course, but really enjoyed the drive feel of that car. Im aware of the BMW M dna also in the Stinger, which is why I originally became interested.

In terms of performance, im curious if the Stinger can beat the golf R in 0-60 with some upgrades. From browsing the forum, perhaps with the BMS 450hp package? Budget would be around 2k for additional tunes. Prefer a sleeper look. Not looking to add additional risks that would void the 7 year warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Hello Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Im located in Tallinn, Estonia.

In addition to the Stinger im looking at other cars that are around the same price of the stinger +\- 5k:
1. Golf R (newest 47k eur)
2. BMW 540i xdrive M package 2018 (48k eur)
3. Wait for 2.5 i4 stinger and see what kind of tunes will be available.

I use to drive a BMW 530i 1995, which is not comparable to modern cars of course, but really enjoyed the drive feel of that car. Im aware of the BMW M dna also in the Stinger, which is why I originally became interested.

In terms of performance, im curious if the Stinger can beat the golf R in 0-60 with some upgrades. From browsing the forum, perhaps with the BMS 450hp package? Budget would be around 2k for additional tunes. Prefer a sleeper look. Not looking to add additional risks that would void the 7 year warranty.

Thanks in advance!
I wasn't even thinking of a new car: the "restorodding" project on my '94 Voyager was underway; then a friend dropped the Stinger promo book in my lap as a joke (here's your next new car! haha). I read that promo book all winter; took a test drive on Friday in late March and bought on Monday. What made it happen was realizing that everything in the promo book is true: and what I valued were mainly three things, none of them negotiable: style, performance and practicality. Quality was a given, since Kia has ramped up quality and reliability resulting from it for many years. Without the practicality (that 114.4" wheelbase and the hatchback volume, as big as two refrigerators with the back seats down, hah!), I would never have considered a new car, much less a Stinger. Realizing that I was going to go on road trips, I demanded a new car PERFORM: I must pass fast and often. :D And the "sleeper" aspect is definitely attractive: in three years I've only seen 79 Stingers "in the wild", and that rarity is fun.