kia stinger store

Thinking of buying '22 GT1

trystansantos

Newish Member
Unlike the previous years, it doesn't seem like they have any initiatives for this year's stingers. I was originally hoping to do the lease-buyout technique but it doesn't seem possible.
Am I not researching hard enough, or should I wait for them to come up with something?
Either way, I found a dealership offering ~38k (Including 1k bonus cash and 1k Loyalty bonus) for a new gt1 RWD. Is that deal good enough, or should I wait for more offers?

hummus

If that is a real price--meaning they won't be tacking on over $1k in dealer-installed options, accessories, questionable paint add-ons, etc.--and you're happy with the changes, that seems like a really good deal IMO. $6k off on a car that seems to be in its first wave of roll out.

For reference, it seems a few of us (myself included) recently picked up 2021 base GT RWD for ~$35k. The depreciation hit alone on the older model year makes the newer model more financially appealing.

From what I can tell, the 2022 GT1 is similar to a 2021 base GT except for: exterior lighting shared with the 2022 GT Line (now different from the GT2), new wheel design, cooled seats, wider main infotainment display, valved exhaust with larger tips, sunroof, available ascot green, and (I think) new stitching on the seats, door cards, and dashboard.

G

G-348601

From what I can tell, the 2022 GT1 is similar to a 2021 base GT except for: exterior lighting shared with the 2022 GT Line (now different from the GT2), new wheel design, cooled seats, wider main infotainment display, valved exhaust with larger tips, sunroof, available ascot green, and (I think) new stitching on the seats, door cards, and dashboard.
Currently trying to figure out if there would be any dealer addons to see if the price is just a lure. The GT base is actually my goal, but the vented seats are really something I'd like especially around summer here in CA.

I haven't been following the stinger for a while, last time I actually checked on it was when '19 was coming out. What do you think are the key/major changes this year?

trystansantos

Newish Member
If that is a real price--meaning they won't be tacking on over $1k in dealer-installed options, accessories, questionable paint add-ons, etc.--and you're happy with the changes, that seems like a really good deal IMO. $6k off on a car that seems to be in its first wave of roll out.

For reference, it seems a few of us (myself included) recently picked up 2021 base GT RWD for ~$35k. The depreciation hit alone on the older model year makes the newer model more financially appealing.

Yes, there are some dealer-installed options. Im trying to get a detailed list from them.

A base GT is actually my goal, but the vented seats are actually quite appealing to me especially with the leather seats and cali sun. And with the price they're offering for now, I wouldn't mind spending a couple more. The new infotainment appeals to me as well, but not at all a deal breaker. The lower price the better.

I haven't been able to follow the stinger these past years, but are there any key improvements from the previous years compared to '22 that would make you at least consider a new one?

hummus

Yes, there are some dealer-installed options. Im trying to get a detailed list from them.

A base GT is actually my goal, but the vented seats are actually quite appealing to me especially with the leather seats and cali sun. And with the price they're offering for now, I wouldn't mind spending a couple more. The new infotainment appeals to me as well, but not at all a deal breaker. The lower price the better.

I haven't been able to follow the stinger these past years, but are there any key improvements from the previous years compared to '22 that would make you at least consider a new one?
Not sure if this question is directed at me, but all I can tell you is I could have waited about a week or two to purchase a '22, but instead found myself scrambling to find a '21, base GT. The new ones are still great overall packages, but none of the functional changes move the needle for me, and I prefer the styling and features configuration of the '21.

For me personally, just being able to get the big engine without the sunroof is a huge win--just preference.

Regarding ventilated seats, here in sunny South Florida, I have had numerous cars with them and never really experienced any wow factor. The best ones I experienced were on a Chevy Blazer, and even then I can count on one hand the number of times I remembered to turn them on. I can tell you that my near-black (panthera) Stinger cools down faster than my wife's white RDX with cooled seats, both with red interiors and neither with tinted windows yet. Having said that, I haven't tried any longer drives in the heat, so YMMV.

On a side note, the RDX also has a 10" infotainment screen. As I use Android Auto nearly 100% of the time, the screen is partitioned and essentially functions as 7" screen with a (pointless for me) ~3" window on the side. Looks great when it's booting up though! :p

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Unlike many, I don't care about the electronic "nanny" driver assist stuff. And I don't need the latest changes. My three-year-old GT1 satisfies just as much as the day I rolled away with it. With more Stingers available used, shopping around is probably a smart move. But new brings all the advantages of full warranty and low to no miles. So, it comes down to what you will take and what you can afford.

t2flair

Newish Member
Unlike the previous years, it doesn't seem like they have any initiatives for this year's stingers. I was originally hoping to do the lease-buyout technique but it doesn't seem possible.
Am I not researching hard enough, or should I wait for them to come up with something?
Either way, I found a dealership offering ~38k (Including 1k bonus cash and 1k Loyalty bonus) for a new gt1 RWD. Is that deal good enough, or should I wait for more offers?

are you positive it's a 2022 model? That would be ~7000 off MSRP which would be an insane deal especially in this market

trystansantos

Newish Member
Not sure if this question is directed at me, but all I can tell you is I could have waited about a week or two to purchase a '22, but instead found myself scrambling to find a '21, base GT. The new ones are still great overall packages, but none of the functional changes move the needle for me, and I prefer the styling and features configuration of the '21.

For me personally, just being able to get the big engine without the sunroof is a huge win--just preference.

Regarding ventilated seats, here in sunny South Florida, I have had numerous cars with them and never really experienced any wow factor. The best ones I experienced were on a Chevy Blazer, and even then I can count on one hand the number of times I remembered to turn them on. I can tell you that my near-black (panthera) Stinger cools down faster than my wife's white RDX with cooled seats, both with red interiors and neither with tinted windows yet. Having said that, I haven't tried any longer drives in the heat, so YMMV.

On a side note, the RDX also has a 10" infotainment screen. As I use Android Auto nearly 100% of the time, the screen is partitioned and essentially functions as 7" screen with a (pointless for me) ~3" window on the side. Looks great when it's booting up though! :p
I appreciate the reply. As of now, there aren't a lot of used market (or maybe just not digging hard enough) around where I'm at. And if there were, they are priced almost as much as this particular new one.

I do agree though, having the bigger engine is my main goal. The lease-buyout trick would've been nice but knowing my credit score, I doubt I'll even get that deal.

Edit: The GT you guys got, is it 35k OTD? Thanks

Last edited:

trystansantos

Newish Member
are you positive it's a 2022 model? That would be ~7000 off MSRP which would be an insane deal especially in this market
Yes, positive. (At least that's what their site says)
The dealer did tell me there are addons but won't send them over.
As of today, they took off Kia Cash Incentive, so now its 39k

hummus

Edit: The GT you guys got, is it 35k OTD? Thanks
My purchase price was 35.5k + TTL for a RWD GT. The dealer had added wheel locks, splash guards, puddle lights, but apparently they absorbed that (none of that has much real-world value but is a common way for dealers to pad their bottom line). TTL will vary according to location, so that makes it hard to compare the bottom line OTD price. This was without doing a lease buyout, or any real negotiation to be honest. They had my contact information from having shopped (but not purchased) with them earlier, contacted me when they apparently noticed I was "looking for the online price" and put this offer on the table.
Yes, positive. (At least that's what their site says)
The dealer did tell me there are addons but won't send them over.
As of today, they took off Kia Cash Incentive, so now its 39k
I would be very wary if they don't itemize their add-ons for you. I have had a different dealer try to charge me $400 for wheel locks before.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Post pictures of the car... especially the front badge and exhaust tips... should give it away whether it's a 2022 or not! :p

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Nice! :D

Car looks fantastic! :D

monusa

Have not been a big fan of the new wheels but that is one of the best looking Stingers I have seen since being on the forum!!!!!!

Color makes the wheels POP......i know I am not the only one that sees that?

SHARP!!!

Garylh1018

Newish Member
Texas
I just bought a 2022 Gt1 a few days ago. I $38 K seems awfully cheap. Are you talking about the GT 2.5 T, because I paid $47k for mine. I got a 10 year 120,000 warranty, and my warranty cover anything on the car for 120K miles except for tires and break pads. Other than that it os all covered. Plus, I got 4 years of free service, but means free service twice a year for 4 years. That comes with oil changes, tire rotation, and all filters for 4 years. I had to do it just because of the warranty alone

ChaneRZ

Stinger Enthusiast
Nice car!

tbonifer

I just bought a 2022 Gt1 a few days ago. I $38 K seems awfully cheap. Are you talking about the GT 2.5 T, because I paid $47k for mine. I got a 10 year 120,000 warranty, and my warranty cover anything on the car for 120K miles except for tires and break pads. Other than that it os all covered. Plus, I got 4 years of free service, but means free service twice a year for 4 years. That comes with oil changes, tire rotation, and all filters for 4 years. I had to do it just because of the warranty alone
Same. 47K for me, they found some $800 in incentives to bring it down a bit