Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

They are rolling out the E badge for future cars

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by westcoastGT, Feb 13, 2018.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 1000 Posts Club!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

So, we're learning a lot here. Yes, they're probably going to launch an up-market brand as some point. Why do I believe this? Because the Stinger is that good - and if they're trying to gauge whether or not people will buy a high-end product from Kia - they're learning the answer to that question is YES. So that brand will come. I think the only question left on the table is - will the K900 sell.

If Cadillac can consider DeVille and Seville damaged brands - and even rename DTS to XTS after a single generation - then I think it would be a good call to consider K900 a damaged brand. Re-introduce the full-size premium luxury sedan as either Quantum or Opirus. Quantum makes more sense to me because nobody has ever heard the world Opirus besides a hillbilly named Jack in Hfrh393h439f.

I can't believe they can say that Esencis, Esentus, and Esensus have nothing to do with their motivation for using the "E" as their high-end logo -- with a straight face... It looks like the engine. Right. Yeah. I believe that. And do you have a bridge for sale? I'd like to buy it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. westcoastGT

OK , They are going to extend the E strategy thats for sure ,and they will back into the meaning of it at some point ....................the issue I see is whether the article was referring to a Korean launch or global . If Global you better buy a lot more E badges because nobody will want a KIA Stinger when they roll this strategy out .

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CDv6

CDv6 United States Active Member

Speculation only...

5. SonomaGT

SonomaGT United States Active Member

I wish Kia would get their act together. I've seen 5 tag lines for the Stinger brand - like they are just throwing ideas out there - related to quality and youth. Not strategic at all. I hope they don't move forward with the e badge. imho don't like it- need something that doesn't require a thesaurus and explanation. I'll add the Stinger script to replace the rear badge and that's it - will wait to see what's to come in future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. westcoastGT

Agree totally , way too much regional input , global strategy , global branding , global communications , go buy a German car and its pretty much the same everywhere , thats why people undestand their positioning so well ..................growing pains , they have the product nailed pretty much

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. YEH

YEH United States Member

Most likely, this is just for the KDM (at least for the moment).

In Korea (like for Japan), luxury models are basically their own sub-brand w/ their own distinct specialty badging.

The Genesis and Equus each had their own distinct badging and now w/ the G80 and G90, they share the revised winged Genesis logo.

Kia didn't do this w/ the K9 (aka K900) - which probably had something to do w/ their alphanumeric naming scheme (K3, K5, K7, K9).

But seems like they are now trying to differentiate their luxury offerings w/ distinct badging - in this case, the E badge.

A right move on their part; whether we'll see something like that here, probably later than sooner.

Personally, think the E badge itself and the rationale behind it are pretty silly (Kia can come up w/ something better).

Nevertheless, both Kia and Hyundai need to redo their own emblems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Kia Stinger

It's a small image so get out your telescope - but I think this one looks pretty good...

new-kia-badge-without-oval-small.jpg

9. westcoastGT

Sooo much better than the Oval ..................and their corporate sponsor logo is so 80's ...............it really looks cheap , especially in red............. banner.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. YEH

YEH United States Member

That looks better, but still, many have problems w/ what KIA stand for, so would be worth it for Kia to come up w/ a new badge which doesn't spell out its name, or at the very least de-emphasizes it.

An interesting anecdote about the (oval) Kia badge - supposedly the oval shape came about as Kia early on in its history sold badge-engineered Fords (as well as Mazdas).

11. Kia Stinger

Yes, there's a tiny little bit of discussion about the relationship here: A little history lesson

Draft saved Draft deleted