Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

They are rolling out the E badge for future cars

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by westcoastGT, Feb 13, 2018.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

So, we're learning a lot here. Yes, they're probably going to launch an up-market brand as some point. Why do I believe this? Because the Stinger is that good - and if they're trying to gauge whether or not people will buy a high-end product from Kia - they're learning the answer to that question is YES. So that brand will come. I think the only question left on the table is - will the K900 sell.

If Cadillac can consider DeVille and Seville damaged brands - and even rename DTS to XTS after a single generation - then I think it would be a good call to consider K900 a damaged brand. Re-introduce the full-size premium luxury sedan as either Quantum or Opirus. Quantum makes more sense to me because nobody has ever heard the world Opirus besides a hillbilly named Jack in Hfrh393h439f.

I can't believe they can say that Esencis, Esentus, and Esensus have nothing to do with their motivation for using the "E" as their high-end logo -- with a straight face... It looks like the engine. Right. Yeah. I believe that. And do you have a bridge for sale? I'd like to buy it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. westcoastGT

OK , They are going to extend the E strategy thats for sure ,and they will back into the meaning of it at some point ....................the issue I see is whether the article was referring to a Korean launch or global . If Global you better buy a lot more E badges because nobody will want a KIA Stinger when they roll this strategy out .

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CDv6

CDv6 United States Active Member

NoVA

Speculation only...

5. SonomaGT

SonomaGT United States Member

I wish Kia would get their act together. I've seen 5 tag lines for the Stinger brand - like they are just throwing ideas out there - related to quality and youth. Not strategic at all. I hope they don't move forward with the e badge. imho don't like it- need something that doesn't require a thesaurus and explanation. I'll add the Stinger script to replace the rear badge and that's it - will wait to see what's to come in future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. westcoastGT

Agree totally , way too much regional input , global strategy , global branding , global communications , go buy a German car and its pretty much the same everywhere , thats why people undestand their positioning so well ..................growing pains , they have the product nailed pretty much

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. YEH

YEH United States Newish Member

Most likely, this is just for the KDM (at least for the moment).

In Korea (like for Japan), luxury models are basically their own sub-brand w/ their own distinct specialty badging.

The Genesis and Equus each had their own distinct badging and now w/ the G80 and G90, they share the revised winged Genesis logo.

Kia didn't do this w/ the K9 (aka K900) - which probably had something to do w/ their alphanumeric naming scheme (K3, K5, K7, K9).

But seems like they are now trying to differentiate their luxury offerings w/ distinct badging - in this case, the E badge.

A right move on their part; whether we'll see something like that here, probably later than sooner.

Personally, think the E badge itself and the rationale behind it are pretty silly (Kia can come up w/ something better).

Nevertheless, both Kia and Hyundai need to redo their own emblems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Kia Stinger

It's a small image so get out your telescope - but I think this one looks pretty good...

new-kia-badge-without-oval-small.jpg

9. westcoastGT

Sooo much better than the Oval ..................and their corporate sponsor logo is so 80's ...............it really looks cheap , especially in red............. banner.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. YEH

YEH United States Newish Member

That looks better, but still, many have problems w/ what KIA stand for, so would be worth it for Kia to come up w/ a new badge which doesn't spell out its name, or at the very least de-emphasizes it.

An interesting anecdote about the (oval) Kia badge - supposedly the oval shape came about as Kia early on in its history sold badge-engineered Fords (as well as Mazdas).

11. Kia Stinger

Yes, there's a tiny little bit of discussion about the relationship here: A little history lesson

Draft saved Draft deleted