kia stinger store

The Meister Name

colnago1331

Is there a particular meaning behind naming the MY 2021 (MY 2022 in North America) Stinger the "Meister" other than that it's German for "master"? I've just been assuming it's a nod to the Stinger's German heritage, but I figured I'd ask if there's something more to it.

colnago1331

The Germans do love them some Hoffmeister.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
On their website they say things like "meister of performance, comfort, safety" so I think they just wanted the master meaning, and makes sense since the car was designed by Germans.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
...or marketed by illiterates.
I'm not sure its fair to call Koreans "illiterates" for using English translations of German words...

Blue Bucket

South Korea
I guarantee you, the marketing team for the US is...Americans in the US.
Is the Meister being advertised on the US site? The meister usage I was taking about was from the Korean site... Screenshot_20210111-073921.png

Blue Bucket

South Korea
On their website they say things like "meister of performance, comfort, safety" so I think they just wanted the master meaning, and makes sense since the car was designed by Germans.
Adding some context to this first post. In Korean advertising, it is very common to find that they add words or short slogans from other languages (usually English). It sounds "cool" or something like that. Its also common that these words or slogans don't make perfect sense, especially to a native speaker of the language that they have borrowed from. In that context, their use of Meister isn't so bad, but I'm not surprised that I don't see its use on the Australian site (the other big market selling the car).