The meaning of the Kia Stinger

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
(I was originally going to post this in "Stinger Talk", but the subject isn't really the Stinger, but what the Stinger means to me.)

My wife asked me why I lavish so much time and thought and attention on my car, a mere material thing: it seems out of character, given my devotion to metaphysical things/thoughts/expectations. And I said that the Kia Stinger is like a type or illustration of how close to perfection thousands of people working together can come to creating a thing of beauty and utility: a machine, a tool, and also a work of art far beyond what is required: just for the FUN (the joy) of it.

The Singer came into my life like a gift. At a time when I did not have to work for it, I was effectively handed this beautiful thing, this Toy of Joy. And I have remained amazed. I contemplate how this car, from dream/concept to production is an example of how human beings, a collective of egocentric universes, each one individually brilliant at what they know how to do, can come up with anything. Step by learning step we arrive at higher levels of accomplishment.

And this world must be our collective efforts: built and sustained by our combined determination. This “mortality” is the work of immortals, to play and learn in … forever.

The Stinger moves my thoughts more in this direction, so it is a gift to me with a purpose far beyond the mere enjoyment of taking care of it and driving it. When I think about it, admire it, clean it, drive it, I am reminded constantly of the meaning of its very existence: it means that people can combine what they are and create a thing far beyond their own individual abilities.

The totality of Existence, of the eternally expanding Multiverse, is “built” by the fragmented (shared) Mind Of God, manifesting as each one of Us: and when we combine with purpose, this is the kind of result: a beautiful car, or a whole world, and “worlds without end”.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Somebody's been enjoying their edibles. :whistle:

Lol, it's a car, dude. :laugh:

View attachment 36739
It is that. My daughter said that I don't need to get stoned: I already think and talk like I am. :laugh:

The bigger picture sees meaning in all things.:thumbup:

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
skip to 6:43 :laugh:

87and66

Pittsburgh, PA
very insightful Merlin. I like your.... emotion haha. It is a gift to me also. Its a gift that I got for myself after achieving my goals. I grew up in a family that didnt make a ton of money, but worked hard for everything. My parents taught me work ethic and responsibility. In September of 2018, I became an engineer. In Feb 2019, I rewarded myself with something that I've wanted for a long time. Cars are one of my passions, but I could never afford a car that would fulfill my wants before this. So when I could, after hundreds of hours or research, comparing, and shopping, I fell in love with the Stinger GT and bought one. And I've loved every minute of owning it. So it represents hard work, determination, and success. And pride for being able to purchase a car like the Stinger GT at only 23.

OliverNuther

1000 Posts Club!
Brisbane, Australia
(I was originally going to post this in "Stinger Talk", but the subject isn't really the Stinger, but what the Stinger means to me.)

My wife asked me why I lavish so much time and thought and attention on my car, a mere material thing: it seems out of character, given my devotion to metaphysical things/thoughts/expectations. And I said that the Kia Stinger is like a type or illustration of how close to perfection thousands of people working together can come to creating a thing of beauty and utility: a machine, a tool, and also a work of art far beyond what is required: just for the FUN (the joy) of it.

The Singer came into my life like a gift. At a time when I did not have to work for it, I was effectively handed this beautiful thing, this Toy of Joy. And I have remained amazed. I contemplate how this car, from dream/concept to production is an example of how human beings, a collective of egocentric universes, each one individually brilliant at what they know how to do, can come up with anything. Step by learning step we arrive at higher levels of accomplishment.

And this world must be our collective efforts: built and sustained by our combined determination. This “mortality” is the work of immortals, to play and learn in … forever.

The Stinger moves my thoughts more in this direction, so it is a gift to me with a purpose far beyond the mere enjoyment of taking care of it and driving it. When I think about it, admire it, clean it, drive it, I am reminded constantly of the meaning of its very existence: it means that people can combine what they are and create a thing far beyond their own individual abilities.

The totality of Existence, of the eternally expanding Multiverse, is “built” by the fragmented (shared) Mind Of God, manifesting as each one of Us: and when we combine with purpose, this is the kind of result: a beautiful car, or a whole world, and “worlds without end”.
Bloody hell Merlin! Now you’ve made me feel shallow for liking mine simply because it goes fast and is a cool colour. :rofl:

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Bloody hell Merlin! Now you’ve made me feel shallow for liking mine simply because it goes fast and is a cool colour. :rofl:
Ditto Ollie, basically same for me, plus the 7 year warranty. Having owned Kia's before I like the stylish exteriors of most of them and thought the Stinger was a " beautiful, sporty looking car " I did delve into knowing bit more about the designers of the car, the different Badges you can slap on it and that " Kia " means " rising/ or to rise out of Asia " but that's about how " deep " I got :whistle: but I love this car like none before it and first car I have given a name to, that's how special it is to me :)

me&stinger

The Lamborghini was a little out of my price range so... :D

Seriously, I wanted a good looking 4 door car that performs well with an excellent safety rating. After doing research the Kia Stinger was a clear winner. The unmatched warranty was the icing on the cake that sealed the deal. I am a happy and proud Kia Stinger owner. :)

Last edited:

Typeface

The Lamborghini was a little out of my price range so... :D
I got both :) matching colours

20190813_150215.jpg

Actually my mates :) dare to dream

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
This is FUNNY! :rofl: The Stinger involves tons more individuals to get one to each of us than a Lambo or McLaren, or any Super Car does. That's part of the miracle of human cooperative effort. It's amazing that this car is priced (almost) for the masses, so that I actually sprung for it. And the production is impressively tight: Kia upped their game (and continue to demand it of everyone "Kia"). I just think the existence of this planet and our species is amazing: how "we" do this. I mean seriously impressed is what I feel; which makes me feel optimistic.:) (I wouldn't say that getting the Stinger steered my thinking in this direction: it's just exemplary of the idea of combined human effort making things WORK.)

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
I want one because 1: it's not a sedan. 2: not another one of those two point o turbo no gogo (sorry not sorry 2.0 guys). 3: looks good. 4: it's different. 5: I want to gap some unsuspecting BMWs and Mustangs in it.

I traded in my 2010 750li after considering an offer I couldn’t refuse. Never would have considered Kia, until I rode in a Stinger, as a passenger. I immediately had ‘drivah’ envy and pretty much made up my mind to make a switch. 0% financing on the perfect lil red GT2 3.3T and I am a happy, happy new Stingah Drivah!! :)

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Kia Stinger purchase? ....simple because I can ...and she let me 'cos I've been good, really good honest. And she was really helpful in helping me choose her the right colour. Turns out for the first time we agreed on something :D :laugh::laugh:.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I traded in my 2010 750li after considering an offer I couldn’t refuse. Never would have considered Kia, until I rode in a Stinger, as a passenger. I immediately had ‘drivah’ envy and pretty much made up my mind to make a switch. 0% financing on the perfect lil red GT2 3.3T and I am a happy, happy new Stingah Drivah!! :)
Welcome to the forum, Stingah Diva! (JK):thumbup: That Stinger test drive proves to be fatal, if "holding out against a Kia" was the final resistance. :p

SafetyPilotCal

My Stinger is pretty much what I wanted my Corvette to be. I wanted the Vette to be some sort of come-to-Jesus moment, especially considering how much lavish praise is heaped on the C5 as being one of the last truly great driver's cars. And it should be - 50/50 weight distribution, 350 horsepower naturally aspirated V8, 6-speed manual, just enough electrical nannies to keep you in check, targa roof, and (in my opinion) truly timeless styling. Not to mention being a damn good bargain for everything you get.

In the end, unfortunately, the vast majority of the things that make the C5 great only apply on the track. The seating position is pretty bad for long drives, there is no leg support to speak of even with the upmarket seats, the audio system is abysmal, and the interior is the pinnacle of 1990s GM. It's an LS1 so when you fire it up cold, the piston slap sounds like there's something truly broken inside the engine (keep in mind new pistons and rings were installed at 12,000 miles under warranty to try and remedy this and an oil consumption issue). The clutch hydraulics can't deal with stop-and-go traffic in 100+ degree TX summers. Granted, it's f*cking brilliant when driven at the edge.. where you don't care about the refinement or harsh ride quality. But I didn't buy it to be a track car, and maybe that's where I went wrong.

The Stinger, on the other hand, easily lives up to it's "GT" moniker. It's fantastic on long trips (minus fuel capacity). It has enough balls to leave most sedans and a surprising number of sports cars seeing nothing but tail lights when leaving a red light. When I get out of the Stinger after a 5 hour drive, I feel fine. Getting out of the Corvette after even an hour is painful. I really did just buy the wrong car when it comes to the C5. It spends most of it's life now sitting in storage since I just have no desire to drive it. On the other hand, I find excuses to drive the Kia simply because I love it that much.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
It's fantastic on long trips (minus fuel capacity).
When I get out of the Stinger after a 5 hour drive, I feel fine.
On the other hand, I find excuses to drive the Kia simply because I love it that much.
"Oh, you want something ELSE at the store, Dear? I'm on my way!" (grinning too; only a slight exaggeration)
You drive for five hours at a time? Without refueling or peeing?! Otherwise, point taken: I drive without fatigue in this car.
Heh. My bladder fills up a lot faster than the "tiny" tank empties! :p