Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

That's not covered....really....pffft

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Buzzrush, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Member

So I was washing my 2 month old GT2 the other day and the drivers door lock cover popped off. Went to replace it and noticed the small pc of plastic that snaps it into place was missing so it would not stay on. I called my Kia dealership and was told it isn't under warranty (what?!?!)and that they could order the part and I could just snap it on myself. It was only 24 bucks so I didn't make a stink about it. They asked me the color of the car and ordered it.

Went to pick it up today and the part isn't even painted!!! Just a grey pc of plastic. Why even bother asking me the color lol??? Was told I would have to take it to a paint shop and hope they can match the color. Are you KIDDING me?? What a joke. Great customer service Kia. Went home without the part, slapped some 3M tape on the original part and stuck it back on. Hopefully it holds.

Am I outta line for being a little ticked off about this? I know people are gonna say "Wellll read your warranty" but if your a company that's trying to change it's image by making an amazing car like the Stinger, wouldn't you try to keep those buyers happy? Not just Stinger owners but all of us who went out on a limb to buy a Kia. Replacing a 24 dollar part to keep a good customer happy is a no brainer. I'm in the service industry I would NEVER have allowed someone with the problem I had to walk out the door unsatisfied. Bad service and they'll never see my car again unless it absolutely needs warranty work.

If this company really wants to be up there with the big boys, they'd better learn that great service is paramount. Until then, they'll continue to be known as the budget company that it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sime

Sime Australia Active Member

The way I see it, it’s not the cost of the part that's the issue, wether your paying for it or not, but that it’s not painted. So in that case, you’d still be a bit stuffed even if they payed for the part for you. They don’t sell painted parts because they need to be color matched, so either way you look at it, it’s the painting issue that’s the problem. Me, if it came painted, I wouldn’t care paying for a $24 part.
    And I can understand perfectly why it’s not a warranty part.

3. Kyle_Gates

Kyle_Gates United States Member

Never been in the auto industry, but I was rep with Sony when they launched their first Consumer 4K Projectors (and at 10-60k, they were NOT toys). It was the first line and man, if someone so much as scratched the little door that covers the lens housing Sony would send the part and a tech to install it, no questions asked! So yeah, a cheap part like that I would wager they would want to replace BUT, the dealer may not care as much as the folks actually in a Kia office. Id fire off a few well-placed emails, see what response I got.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Call the premium hotline and complain. They’ll fix it. It is under warranty.

CE25E244-B274-44EE-B7E0-39A62ACE49F5.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sime

How do we know he didn’t break it?

6. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! STL Stinger Club Texas Stinger Swarm

Um, help them figure out what bumper-to-bumper means. Give the service manager an opportunity to recover here, nicely, then call the Concierge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

You're not out-of-line to be annoyed about this. 100% I'd be having a discussion with the service manager about why exactly that part wouldn't be covered under the warranty.

8. Sime

Because in 99.9% of all situations, that part was “broken” off.

9. NS_Stinger

I don't think you understand how an automotive warranty works, unless they see some kind of obvious pry mark or evidence that he's responsible they have to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as it's not a wear item. Just because these peices aren't falling off every Stinger on the road doesn't mean it's not a potential defect...

10. Sime

Walk up to you car, smack that part with your hand, and you could easily break the plastic tabs that hold it on without pry marks.

It’s a $24 part, move on.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Sime

Incorrectly trying to remove that part could also break it.

I dunno, I’m not the “corporations are evil” kinda guy, there are certain things like this part that shouldn’t be covered simply because they don’t fail on their own. Just like a bumper bar just doesn’t decide to fall off.

12. NS_Stinger

Dealers must love you! Buy a brand new car with what KIA touts is the best warranty in the business and let them use you as a doormat when something actually breaks. It's not about the cost here by the way, warranty work is also an investment in saving you time, running around town trying to find a paintshop willing to paint this would be a royal pain in the ass that the dealer would easily be able to handle if they actually cared.

13. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club!

99% of automotive parts don’t come painted.

14. Sime

Yes, dealers must love a customer that understands what should and shouldn’t be cover, instead of getting rapped over the coals for ever little customers whim.

15. Sime

I have also taken into consideration that the op is not telling the full truth of the situation and possible broke the part himself, considering he’s been on here a few months and has probably washed the car a few times without the part falling off till now, so to my logic, it wasn’t broken from the factory, hence he broke it. Just like that stone chip on my side mirror cover ain’t covered either.

Shocking thought process, I know right

16. Buzzrush

I guess I didn't expect things to fall off the car after 2 months. Never even really noticed the part until it fell off and I never messed with it at all. My point was I would've liked for them to help come up with a solution other than just take the part and fix the problem yourself. Its not a money issue obviously it was 24 bucks. Its about time and the hassle and worrying that the paint shop can match it. If you have people spending 52,000 on a car that your banking on changing your image, stand behind it. Pretty simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sime

Warranty or not, issue still remains.

18. NS_Stinger

We clearly don't see things the same way so lets just leave it at that...

19. Buzzrush

Thanks everyone. Yes obviously something happened that weakened the part and the simple act of wiping it down made the part fail. It wouldn't just fall off on it's own. I understand this. Could've been 100 different things. Exhaust installer, window tint guy, the bad hail storm we had two weeks ago. Or it could've been a part defect...I don't know and neither do they. These things happen. I would've been fine if they said for these reasons the part isn't covered, but we'll get the part painted and installed for you so you don't have to worry about it. Done. It was just the way they handled it that bothered me. To send me away with an unpainted part in hope that I find a paint shop that can match it...sorry not good service. The fact that I'm new to this forum has nothing to do with anything. I've owned several cars that were under warranty and they always either covered small things like this or helped fix the problem. They did neither. I'll try the concierge and see what they say. Thanks again everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Buzzrush

Peace and Love Sime always:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.