Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Thanks for the memories... Lots of hellos going on, this is a goodbye (car totaled)

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Beege, Oct 8, 2019.

1. app_master

app_master Australia Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

2. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

Sorry to hear about your accident. It’s a very good thing you had just installed those dash cams. Good luck on whatever your next car will be

3. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member

Not even flex tape can fix this.

4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Look at how well that black wrap on the doors handled the crash. (just trying to meet your dark humor with a little bit of positive; :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jmf_tracy

jmf_tracy United States Active Member

wow, just wow in regards to the accident.
    And I thought the Stinger was a dad car, it is for me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Stinger Enthusiast

Exactly...what about it says it's not a Dad car? It comfortably seats four, it's got plenty of cargo space, it's got a great AWD system and plenty of safety tech so its safe. It's a four door a GT sports sedan not a sports car.

My family keeps saying it's my midlife crisis car...I say it's too practical to be that. I didnt get a Vette, for goodness sake...its a Kia Stinger.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

Sad to hear oyur Stinger is totaled. Very glad you were able to walk away with just a few scrapes from that.
    Gotta say the Stinger took that hit very good and did its job.

The Stinger is totally a dad car, have you seen the trunk space on the thing!!?;) (just being sarcastic)
    I would get me another one after seeing this.

8. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Glad you're safe. Agree with most here - Stinger IS my "dad" car. I've heard so many ugly stories about "used" BMWs, the "bigger" luxo models specifically - 740/750/540/550. Make sure you get a platinum warranty or whatever. And then enjoy it!

9. lun471k

lun471k Canada Member

Glad you're safe... WTF is up with that woman just staring at her car while there's people in an upside down vehicle right beside her ?

Free question: What was your dashcam setup ? I might want to setup something similiar in case some event like that happen to me.

Edit: Forget it, as your other reply mentions: VAVA dual dash cam from Amazon. Thanks !

10. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Active Member

-Agree on the depreciation issue... looks like nearing 50% after just 2-3 years

-Gonna have to disagree on the "Not a dad (family) car" view on the Stinger. It's hard to beat the practicality of the hatchback. This was a recent trip, with 2 full size check-in luggage, plus 3 carry-ons. I only took a picture because I was surprised at how easily everything fit with space left over to spare.
    upload_2019-10-9_13-17-17.png
    Edit: To show pic

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Member

My 2012 Acura TSX sportish wagon can fit those too! Does that mean it qualifies for the title of "dad mobile"? IMG_20190926_191424.jpg
    The stinger is THICC in the back for sure tho.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. turboAWD

Sure. The difference is in the additional adjectives.
    Stinger: hella fun dad-mobile
    TSX: bland, lame-ass dad-mobile
    :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. General_Vodka

That's true, they call it a sport wagon but it's as far from sport as Kia is far from good customer service (very far) (ouch). At least it's a wagon. It's also savlaged, some person smashed into it pretty hard. In Hawaii! I mean that's crazy, there is like no room to get fast there. But as op pointed out, you don't need a lot of room just a lot of stupid lol. I don't mind it being salvaged, since I know it was fixed right. Just whatever you do don't buy a salvaged BMW... There is not enough extended warranties in the world to cover your troubles....

14. turboAWD

If they'd have put the V6 + AWD from the TL into it, I might have gotten one a few years back to replace the Legacy GT wagon. Wish the Stinger had a wagon model.. Can't imagine how awesome that would be..

15. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Shock. Cut her some slack ferpetesakes. She's starting to react right as the cash cam video ends.

16. Chark

Chark United States Active Member

Perhaps you should use Line-X as your paint protection film... (Glad that you were not injured. Will miss your photography!)

17. Beege

Beege United States Active Member

They added $1k on top for the upgrades I made. Total is $44k.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Beege

Beege United States Active Member

Update for everyone. Ended up getting a 2016 550i. It's a luxury boat. So much heavier than the stinger and you can feel it even with the 445hp.

Got a call from Kia today since they pulled data off the EDR a couple weeks ago and they told me the impact was not hard enough for the air bags to go off and it didn't even record that an accident happened. Hahahaha. How did that not record an accident happening? And yes I sent them the video and photos too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. General_Vodka

Well from a salvage car rebuilder viewpoint: the less airbags the better. Those things aren't cheap if you buy the real deal. I guess it was just a bump for the stinger so they didn't go off. Hope you got a warranty on that BMW. Like a good warranty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

It was hit hard enough to total the car but not hard enough to deploy the side airbags? That's...interesting...

• Agree Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted