kia stinger store

Bad Thank me for saving you time and aggravation...

The lease to my 2018 GT1 just ended.
So I've been shopping around for a 2021 GT1 or GT2.
Since the number of available 2021s has dropped, I decided to use Cars.com to do a search as far as 250 miles from Pennsylvania.
I came across quite a few GT1s and GT2s at Kia dealerships in Virginia.
The prices they listed looked very good.
And so the adventure begins...
After 2-3 weeks of (seemingly endless) back and forth texts and emails and phone calls, EVERY one of the dealerships had
ridiculous add-ons and mark ups.
The bottom line was the "Zombie Apocalypse Sales Tactics" these dealerships use.
In order...Dulles, Koons and the worst...Brown's Manassas.
This experience was a consequence of the dealership and their sales department tactics; not the sales staff that
have the responsibility of conveying the information to the customer.
In stark contrast, the dealers in my general area have always been forthright and transparent with their pricing.
Maybe it's time for me to wait for better opportunities with the 2022 Stingers.
Best of luck to all.

Gilley

When searching for my Stinger, a dealer that I found online told me they have a $2400 package that includes a spare tire because Kia doesn't include a spare. I told them that's not true with the Stinger and I'll not do business with them.

I’ve communicated with all of those that you named, and wouldn’t do so again. My two recommendations in the general area are Parson’s in Winchester, VA and Dutch Miller in Barboursville, WV. Yes, the second one is a long drive, but it’s where I bought from and not once did I feel anyone there was less than 100% transparent.

When searching for my Stinger, a dealer that I found online told me they have a $2400 package that includes a spare tire because Kia doesn't include a spare. I told them that's not true with the Stinger and I'll not do business with them.
Unbelievable.
Kia/Hyundai is making great fort snd progress to move upscale. But too many dealers and their sales insanity will hurt corporate big time.
I have seen dealers nearby advertise that they’ll give $5k more for your trade. But jack up the price of their cars $5-6k with total bs add-ons. It’s pathetic and apparently Corporate doesn’t want to and can’t establish restrictions.

SunStreaker

The lease to my 2018 GT1 just ended.
So I've been shopping around for a 2021 GT1 or GT2.
Since the number of available 2021s has dropped, I decided to use Cars.com to do a search as far as 250 miles from Pennsylvania.
I came across quite a few GT1s and GT2s at Kia dealerships in Virginia.
The prices they listed looked very good.
And so the adventure begins...
After 2-3 weeks of (seemingly endless) back and forth texts and emails and phone calls, EVERY one of the dealerships had
ridiculous add-ons and mark ups.
The bottom line was the "Zombie Apocalypse Sales Tactics" these dealerships use.
In order...Dulles, Koons and the worst...Brown's Manassas.
This experience was a consequence of the dealership and their sales department tactics; not the sales staff that
have the responsibility of conveying the information to the customer.
In stark contrast, the dealers in my general area have always been forthright and transparent with their pricing.
Maybe it's time for me to wait for better opportunities with the 2022 Stingers.
Best of luck to all.
That sucks. I detest greedy charletons like that. We bought a 3rd car last month, wife wanted a new Forte. I subconsciously became quite overtly stern and rejecting during the transaction. I regret coming off as rude, but I wasn’t going to let one of these sales goons take control of the deal. Needless to say, they surely had their say about me when I left. Surely, they’re most likely miffed that I didn’t give them a chance to rip us off to raise their commission. :p:rofl::devil:

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
I had a positive experience with Brown’s KIA but that was in 2019 when I purchased mine. As dealerships go things can change pretty quickly.
I totally agree on Koons. There’s a thread on here where I explained my frustration with them.

crispin

Newish Member
I had issues with some of them including the Koons in Woodbridge, VA. Despite it saying so all over their website and promotional emails to me, the guy insisted I could not make the purchase online - had to come in "because there is a lot of fraud". They backed down, but then tried to screw me with a high interest rate in finance as the "out the door with 0.9% Kia financing" price turned out not to be true. I could get discounts and go with another lender, or get no discounts and go with Kia finance. They tried to push me to the non-Kia lender even though Kia finance with no other MSRP discounts would still be cheaper over the life of the loan.

I ended up buying elsewhere the next day.