• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Swapping old Monitor for Bezel-less New Monitor

Cashie

Not true for the rest of the world including Korea.

Cashie

Had been mentioned many times in the thread. But thanks for the confirmation.

7Andrei7

Bucharest/Vienna
I think the facelifted Stinger 2021 will get an updated 10" screen. They've added it to most of their cars, at least in Europe. I saw it on the much cheaper Ceed and it looks way nicer.
Hope once they put it on the new Stingers we will have a way to upgrade in some plug and play manner.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
I'd say the 7" screen in my Canadian GT model is probably the biggest letdown on the car. Even if they kept the same screen but removed the big ugly gloss black bezel around it that would've made a considerable difference in how cheap it looks.

Melaifior

Hello , i also havr an 2018 stinget fully equipped , with an 8inch with bezel display , looking to upgrade to bezel-less or 10inch if anyone succeeds , i also dont have the ambient lights (its the europe model , until 2019 there were no ambient lights/ bezel-less displays)

Przemek

Hello , i also havr an 2018 stinget fully equipped , with an 8inch with bezel display , looking to upgrade to bezel-less or 10inch if anyone succeeds , i also dont have the ambient lights (its the europe model , until 2019 there were no ambient lights/ bezel-less displays)
Just swapped the old 2018 screen for the 2019 low-bezel version. It is super easy but you must replace the lower panel on which the screen sits because the 2019 screen has a different footprint. It looks a way better and has a clearer display.

Attachments

• F772317A-D9E0-420A-82D4-C3801E1E3FE8.jpeg
    F772317A-D9E0-420A-82D4-C3801E1E3FE8.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 0734B461-83A5-4FAA-B336-35EF53C5BE0B.jpeg
    0734B461-83A5-4FAA-B336-35EF53C5BE0B.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 64
  • B91EA939-983A-4FA1-AFB3-BA74A9C3ADFB.jpeg
    B91EA939-983A-4FA1-AFB3-BA74A9C3ADFB.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 65

DoctorStiches

Stinger Enthusiast
Earlier someone said the early owners got the square monitor but mine is not square and was the 2nd stinger sold in my city in 2018 jan.....

TheBusch

Earlier someone said the early owners got the square monitor but mine is not square and was the 2nd stinger sold in my city in 2018 jan.....
yeah I am confused on this, maybe it is regional? U.S. 2018 Stinger GT1 and GT2 got the bezzless screen, GT got the square screen with glossy bezel.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Przemek

yeah I am confused on this, maybe it is regional? U.S. 2018 Stinger GT1 and GT2 got the bezzless screen, GT got the square screen with glossy bezel.
GT2 full loaded as mine had been offered with a huge glossy bezel in the early 2018 version in Europe and later was updated with the bezzless screen...

TheBusch

GT2 full loaded as mine had been offered with a huge glossy bezel in the early 2018 version in Europe and later was updated with the bezzless screen...
that sucks, the glossy bezel was one of the things that kept me from getting a GT. Does your dash have the larger sport screen or the small square?

Przemek

that sucks, the glossy bezel was one of the things that kept me from getting a GT. Does your dash have the larger sport screen or the small square?
Of course large... all features (360 degree camera, navi etc) are the same as for the rest of the World

Attachments

• C602A474-43C8-4A77-8228-179DC164192A.jpeg
    C602A474-43C8-4A77-8228-179DC164192A.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 19

Controversyking

Texas Stinger Swarm
Houston
Just swapped the old 2018 screen for the 2019 low-bezel version. It is super easy but you must replace the lower panel on which the screen sits because the 2019 screen has a different footprint. It looks a way better and has a clearer display.
Do you have a link to where you purchased the screen?

baniaq

The head unit is the same in early 2018 and the in the updated 2019 version? You didn't have to change it? Does the touchscreen work well?

Przemek

The head unit is the same in early 2018 and the in the updated 2019 version? You didn't have to change it? Does the touchscreen work well?
Nothing had to be changed except for the monitor (the head unit is from the early 2018). The touchscreen and all features work perfectly well and the same as before. Of course the quality of the picture (colors and sharpness) is a way better than in the previous monitor including 360 camera system. It is the best „upgrade” of the interior I have could have made.

bosaad

Great, How about wiring is it plug and play?
Nothing had to be changed except for the monitor (the head unit is from the early 2018). The touchscreen and all features work perfectly well and the same as before. Of course the quality of the picture (colors and sharpness) is a way better than in the previous monitor including 360 camera system. It is the best „upgrade” of the interior I have could have made.

SwordfishCoupe

Newish Member
Hello, sorry to ask, I have just purchased the later style screen (from a Dec 2019 car)to do the swap on my 2018 GTS, however, I am struggling to find the part code of the dash panel it sits on. From what I can tell oddly seems to be described as the under cover and comes in two options with and without HUD, I think the part code is 84740-J530WK - is that the right codes? And I don't suppose anyone knows if it is the same for left hand drive and right hand drive cars?

I have tried a number of car breakers and they don't seem to have it, I guess they sell them with the screens they had. If I cannot find one I may have to buy the part from a dealership and expect it to be very expensive.