Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Survey of Fico and Annual Income

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by kevin, Jun 26, 2018.

1. kevin

kevin United States Member

Good evening to all, was just curious on everybody’s story who has bought a Stinger, as to annual income and Fico Score at time of Purchase.. Thought it would be an interesting New Thread.
    I am gonna get my car this year, still plugging away at a couple variables with my currrent trade in.
    My score is 700 Fico
    And income is around 50K per year.

2. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

I’d share but I don’t like to gloat

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

After getting the Stinger I think my FICO went up 50 points.......

4. kevin

I was curious to see everyone’s answers and different scenarios, I think this thread could be encouraging if not taken out of context.

5. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I'm certain I'm not alone in saying "heck no".. my personal financial situation is just that - personal.

I'm also certain that a significant number of owners have numbers much higher than those, but chose to finance or lease not because they can't afford to pay cash, but because it makes more financial sense not to. Value of any currently owned vehicles doesn't enter the equation. When I "bought" my current Sorento, it was 0% interest. Hard to walk away from free money!

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. ScottM

ScottM United States Active Member

850, $600,000 per year. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

Um, ya thats not exactly how it works...

8. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Don't understand your comment???

9. kevin

Look guys, I am not probing here, I am detecting some peeps getting upset ?? I started this thread as a means to encourage people seeking to lease/purchase the Stinger. I think it’s encouraging to know that Kia Finance will offer this car to people with a 620 Fico score. Maybe if more people realize this fact, we can get more people in the car!!

10. ScottM

To quote someone from above...that's not exactly how it works. Meaning; there are more factors at work than FICO and income. Debt to income comes to mind. How many people on the loan. Revolving credit accounts. Blah, blah.

In any event, I'm personally not upset about the question...it's just not a good indicator of if someone will get the KIA loan to purchase or lease a stinger.

11. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

Yeah, I think the best way to find out whether you can lease/finance one is to just go to the dealer and see or secure financing before you go.

12. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

On my McDonalds salary...I barely afforded it, but I managed.

Like mentioned above...

I think you won’t get many honest answers and probably because many view financial status as personal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

Zero percent financing isnt "free" money. Just like how Healthcare in Canada isnt "free" either.

14. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Yeah, that's not going to happen ... :lipsaresealed: I'd think twice about posting my shoe size online, much less put my financials up for public viewing ... :p You'd be amazed how successful automated software is at piecing scraps of seemingly isolated personal information together, from various online sources - like forum postings.

If you're interested to know how much purchasing power you have for a vehicle, any bank will be delighted to do a comprehensive review of your finances and current obligations (including income and credit rating) and give you a 'pre-approved' loan number. Good luck, and hope a Stinger is on the horizon! :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Man I'm jealous. My FICO is 315 and I make $7k a year.

I live in my Stinger and sleep in the hatch. :cry:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Weareblondi

Weareblondi Canada Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

your score is 315!!!! and 7k a year!!!!! adopt me!!!! my score is so low it needs theoretical mathematic equations and a degree in physics to see its theoretical number value. but, i own the stinger, but i am missing several body parts and internal organs that weren't needed. but on the plus side, i fit in the back seat now.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Just. read. what. you. posted.

Holy sh!t...

18. ScottM

Well. he. is. right. The money still needs to be paid back, it's not free money. It's like zero interest credit cards. Semantics I guess. To me...free money is winning a lottery. Of course you have to pay taxes and such, but even if there's $1 left over...it's a free and clear dollar or "insert your currency here". :coffee:

Draft saved Draft deleted