1. The Kia Stinger Owners Group is a private community. Please login or register to unlock the full content.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Surround View Camera

Discussion in 'Interior Discussion' started by eljay, Oct 12, 2017.

1. eljay

eljay Active Member

Late last week I emailed Kia Customer service about the surround view camera, and received a call from a rep the next day, not with an answer, but with the promise that he would contact the design team and get back to me.

I just got a return call from him. He said that the design team couldn't really say if the Stinger would have the 360º cameras; they "haven't actually set out a production model" for the U.S. He reported that they did say that since this feature is on the Optima and the Cadenza, it's likely that it will be on the Stinger. I choose to think that this makes sense, but call me an optimist if you will.

But I do think it's odd--we're seeing lists of specs, the car is supposed to be on lots in December, but they don't really have a production model set? I'm guessing there's just a company embargo on telling us much until the car is in country.

So, I don't really have an answer for you all, but I do have a suggestion: The Kia Customer Service folks actually do respond, and they do seem to communicate with other divisions of the company to answer questions. If they get enough calls about things we're sincerely concerned about, we may still be able to have an influence.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BahamaTodd

BahamaTodd Member

He was going to "contact the design team"? I highly doubt that. He reviewed the same information that we have and came up with the best response he could.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. eljay

eljay Active Member

I suspect that, too, but first time I contacted them, the rep said the same thing about contacting the dt, and got back to me with accurate info that didn't end up floating out in public until several weeks later. So I'm working hard at remaining hopeful and trying to tamp down my usually high level of cynicism.

4. Bamm1

Bamm1 Active Member Founding Member

So the Optima and the Cadenza also have heated rear seats and wireless charging. Does the same rule of thumb apply there as well? My question is rhetorical, I don't actually expect you to know the answer.

So it would appear I am better off heading to the "features and options" list for the Cadenza on Kia's website to get an accurate picture of what the Stinger will offer. I mistakenly went to the page for the Stinger itself. o_O Go figure.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. jwhollan

jwhollan Member

I'd be shocked if the first batch of US-spec Stingers still have not rolled off the assembly line by now, especially if they think there is a chance the first few dealer might have them by Thanksgiving... So these cars either have them or they dont. There is no way they just haven't decided yet. I wish they would just give a straight answer at this point.

6. ralzod

ralzod Member

@eljay, how did you contact them? You found an email address, or used a web contact form?

7. eljay

eljay Active Member

I found it on the Kia USA website: https://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs

I just took a chance that they would respond to a current non-owner, and they've responded quickly. I email first, but if they don't have an immediate answer, they always call the next business day to tell me they're on it and will get back when they have an answer. When I asked about a feature they didn't plan to have, they were upfront and said no, rather than giving me hope with a "maybe" just to keep me interested.

I have to say, I've contacted Buick once about the Regal GS, and they weren't rude, but they only emailed a reply which gave me no usable information, so Kia's an improvement.

• Informative Informative x 2