Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Sun Roof Metal Frame Assembly being replaced .....................

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by westcoastGT, Dec 6, 2018.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

My Dealer got approval from Kia Canada to replace the sun roof metal frame assembly today . This is due to the irratating creaking /ticking sound it has been making for several months . Apparently the part is $7K without glass (which is reuseable ) should be here in 6 weeks !! it pays to be the squeeky wheel , I've been on Kia Canada and my dealer for several months on this issue , earlier this week my rear hatch power latch assembly was repalced in the 3rd attempt to fix the hatch rattle , it seems to be the magic fix for the "clunk"...................Thanks Kia , you're standing up for your product !

• Like Like x 1
  2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Lol. Dueling threads, now: Kia not standing behind product :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear of each instance where Kia does what they say they will do. To me, that is not what they mean when they claim "the power to surprise." :thumbup:

Failures to communicate will occur. This is the world humans, after all. But Kia's intent is to honor their warranty and keep customers coming back. And your outcome is typical of that demand on themselves.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Nice... i fixed the hatch rattle/clunk with some rubberized material under the latches.

• Like Like x 1
  4. twolfcale

twolfcale United States Member

Wow, @westcoastGT, that's interesting to hear. The whole assembly, huh?

I'm hoping that's not the future situation for mine. Although mine is more of a tapping (like a pen on a table while fidgeting) right behind the sunroof in the headliner. Pretty sure it's the headliner tapping the roof somewhere as it seems to go away when I hold pressure on the headliner against the roof with my hand while driving. I'll probably have to stick some foam or something up there and see if that helps.

5. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Active Member

I can't believe the cost on some of these OEM parts, just insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States Active Member

Well, hopefully this issue isn't wide spread, that's an expensive fix for Kia if they have to do a bunch. But it'll definitely give them a reason to make sure new ones leaving the assembly line are all good from the get-go!

7. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Active Member

And I think the difference between pressing them (and going up the chain respectfully), versus going off like an irate, drunk wolverine is the difference between corporate Kia helping/hurting ones effort to obtain resolution.

Glad it is working out for you!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

My car was on the the first delivery in North America , so hopefully just an early build issue !!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted