kia stinger store

Subwoofers

Chris57

Hello, i have a problem with my suvbwoofers. Can you show me on a photo, the location of the settings in the menu? Thank you. My subwoofers don't seem to work anymore.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Do the dollar bill check. Many have questioned if their subs are working at all, and the dollar bill vibrating will prove that they are functioning.

I have my bass set at +8 :D

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Hello, i have a problem with my suvbwoofers. Can you show me on a photo, the location of the settings in the menu? Thank you. My subwoofers don't seem to work anymore.
There is no setting in the menu for "subwoofer". It isn't something we can turn on/off, and we do not have a subwoofer gain control

There is only tone
  • Bass
  • Mid
  • Treble
Bass adjustment does not mean subwoofer. Much of the bass comes from the door speakers. Only very low frequencies are directed to the Stingers under seat subwoofers.
There is lots of music that doesn't contain any frequencies that would be played by the subwoofer.

When did you first notice the problem?

Play this 20hz tone - it should move the subwoofers

Chris57

There is no setting in the menu for "subwoofer". It isn't something we can turn on/off, and we do not have a subwoofer gain control

There is only tone
  • Bass
  • Mid
  • Treble
Bass adjustment does not mean subwoofer. Much of the bass comes from the door speakers. Only very low frequencies are directed to the Stingers under seat subwoofers.
There is lots of music that doesn't contain any frequencies that would be played by the subwoofer.

Thanks, I did the ticket test and it works. What deceived me is that on my 1st STINGER, it seems to me that I had a loudness menu like the one on the photo.

Merci à vous 2.

Attachments

• sub2.jpeg
    sub2.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 18
new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Loudness just artificially pumps certain frequencies.

20hz is the lowest possible sub frequency, most subs aren't able to produce sound/feel that low. Typically 30hz is the starting range for a standard 10" sub (for a good 10" sub), the Stinger's subs as I recall from my testing started somewhere in the high 30s like 38hz and really starting pushing solid sound somewhere around 45hz, which is good for 7" subs. That's fine for all but very specific types of music. Theaters will use frequencies lower than this for effect/feel, but not usually for anything audible or musical.

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

There is only tone
  • Bass
  • Mid
  • Treble

Puny test. Try this one instead, it's entertaining to boot:D

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Thanks, I did the ticket test and it works. What deceived me is that on my 1st STINGER, it seems to me that I had a loudness menu like the one on the photo.

Merci à vous 2.
We still have all those settings

Loudness is now called "connected device volumes"

20220113_174126.jpg

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Loudness just artificially pumps certain frequencies.

20hz is the lowest possible sub frequency, most subs aren't able to produce sound/feel that low. Typically 30hz is the starting range for a standard 10" sub (for a good 10" sub), the Stinger's subs as I recall from my testing started somewhere in the high 30s like 38hz and really starting pushing solid sound somewhere around 45hz, which is good for 7" subs. That's fine for all but very specific types of music. Theaters will use frequencies lower than this for effect/feel, but not usually for anything audible or musical.
Your subs are broke!

Mine easily play down to 20... Tested right now.

Screenshot_20220113-173920_Simple tone generator.jpg

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

5tinger

I'd hazard guess nothing is wrong with your subs and audio system. I believe most complaints are due to the audio profile. The sound is detailed, however greatly lacking in bass depth. There is bass, but it's just not full bodied like in other cars.

I sampled the Infiniti Q60 audio system and the bass is clean, crisp and kicks hard. Which I prefer.

shoengine

I'd hazard guess nothing is wrong with your subs and audio system. I believe most complaints are due to the audio profile. The sound is detailed, however greatly lacking in bass depth. There is bass, but it's just not full bodied like in other cars.

I sampled the Infiniti Q60 audio system and the bass is clean, crisp and kicks hard. Which I prefer.
The Stinger is definitely not punchy. With that said I do listen to a wide range of music, and I like not having to turn the bass down every time I listen to a podcast. On the other hand TCM* would be a bit more fun with a better low end.

*anytime I test my sound system I use High Roller. Lots of highs and insane lows that disappear on cheap equipment.