Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Stumble on hard acceleration

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by StingerGTT, May 13, 2018.

1. StingerGTT

StingerGTT United States Active Member

So I'm sure this subject has been covered in some way shape or form I have a GT 3.3K on it and sometimes not all the time it stumbles on a hard acceleration I'm sure its a misfire I have not got a CEL nor is the car chipped YET my question is has anyone found a permanent fix to this yet?? Is the dealer taking care of this for us ?? are they going to use better plugs in the car to fix this issue ?? Any info would help me greatly without berating me and saying things like if you knew how to hit your gas pedal 2mm to the left this wouldn't happen . lol Thank you everyone

2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

You should take it in to the dealership. Have them check to make sure the plugs aren't damaged. If they are they'll replace them with the same plugs gapped at .036 ish.

The general consensus is that with or without a higher boost tune the plugs should have a smaller gap, so if the dealership says the plugs are fine it might be a good idea for you to re-gap them at home.

I've gapped mine to .025 to use with BMS's JB4 on map 2 (+4psi) and have had no problems with it.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you weren't hitting the gas pedal so far to the left you'd be fine. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. StingerGTT

StingerGTT United States Active Member

So you re-gaped the factory plugs on a tune ? You didn’t pay the rediculous price for HKS plugs ? Thankyou for the input greatly appreciated.

4. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yes I just regapped the stock plugs.

If you look in the tuning forum there's a thread about spark plugs stickied to the top. In there is a wealth of information from a few very knowledgeable forum members.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mine pulls the same miss feeling under load, plan on taking it to the dealership. Reading the forum, looks like these plug/gap issues are solved at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted