Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

StingerGT vs Infiniti Q50S Redsport

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by DCBStingerGT, Aug 13, 2019.

1. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Kia Stinger GT vs Infiniti Q50S Redsport
    Uploaded: 8 Aug 2019

2. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

This guy doesn't know how to do a proper comparison. He takes off in the "drag race" well before the Stinger driver takes off and then the brake test isn't measured at all. How are we to know if he started braking later than the Stinger? So many things were off about this vid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AdamNZ

AdamNZ New Zealand Member

What a joke.

4. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

What BS, was the Stinger driver asleep at the start of the race ? or did he not give proper warning at the start ?
    Wish I could race him, I'd use my cat like reflexes :laugh:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Despite the protests by the author in the YouTube comments, it's pretty obvious on the rear launch view that the Stinger brakes lights go out significantly after the Q50 during the 'race start'. Not a particularly well done video.

6. YOWStinger

YOWStinger Canada Active Member

May I also say that Infiniti's are ugly as snot? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Doel

Doel United States 1000 Posts Club!

race looks about equal as I would expect, Q50 finished first by about the same length as it jumped. Glad to see our vibration prone brakes can still stop on a dime though lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ty Davis

Ty Davis United States Active Member

The only thing I learned from this video is to NEVER buy a car from the sponsoring dealerships,
    Kia Messesauga, or 401 Dixie Infiniti.

Regardless of how you feel about breakin periods, every owner deserves the right to choose how his car is broken in. I personally frown on driving the vehicles this way and then selling the vehicle to a customer as a new car.

Of course, those could have been used vehicles. If they were, that should have been stated.

So much fail in this video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Doel

eh I wouldn't let it bother you. Would you buy a car from a dealer that wouldn't let you floor it before buying? I wouldn't.

10. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu United States Active Member

I got into a little roll on with a Q50 in Mexico and put a solid 2 lengths on it. My car is stock. Did not use the paddle shifters, just switched to sport and matted it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doel

which Q50 though? It comes with literally 5 or 6 different engine combinations

12. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! STL Stinger Club Texas Stinger Swarm

This is a monstrous joke. Q50 leaves early and declares a win. Q50 gets beat to 60 in the brake test and the Stinger wins. Someone's an idiot or wanted a draw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dr_jitsu

Not sure which version it was. I see that the power ranges from 300 to 400 flywheel. However, you can't really compare based upon flywheel hp alone. The Stinger numbers are deflated, especially the torque. More importantly, the Stinger power band is huge, the car makes good power at 1300 rpm's.

Normally, for a roll on, I am going to shift down (either paddles or manual) to a gear that puts me in the meaty part of my powerband. You don't need to do so with the Stinger. Switch to sport and just mash the peddle.

The highest rated motor in the Q50 is 400 flywheel and 350 torque. That looks competitive, but in the real world the Stinger is faster. I am speculating here, but the 3.3 also should have greater potential to make big power (over 500 whp).

The Q50 looks like a really nice car, but it simply is not going to match the Stinger overall. The Stinger was made to transform the image of Kia. The Q50, while a very nice car, is not so ambitious.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

From a dead stop too. Yea, kickdown switch. And then the paddle shifters become redundant as well, the car bangs off the rev limited and upshifts.

15. Doel

I have a friend with a Q50 RS400 and he took a look at my Stinger GT1 the other day. His wife asked him why they didn't buy a Stinger instead, it beats the Q50 in almost every respect. Their infotainment is abhorrent, don't even get apple car play or android auto.

16. Dr_jitsu

In its defense, the Q is an old design. Infinity needs to come up with something new and improved to even get on the same page as with the Stinger.

Draft saved Draft deleted