Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

StingerFest 2018 - FINAL DETAILS - RSVP HERE!

Discussion in 'StingerFest' started by Kia Stinger, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Angel

Angel United States Active Member

Respect to you sir....I know you taught that mustang hit your car lol hahahahahaha your face was priceless

2. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I found this YouTube video, well done to the attendees, some nice mods on there too.
    Who’s who in the video?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

I want to thank the organizer(s)! Yes, it was smaller than expected. But the people and cars were great! It bodes very well for future get-togethers. It tried to rain all day. But I was in just a t-shirt and did OK.

The Injen intakes looked and sounded great! I'm about settled on it.

Again, people were awesome. I'm not sure anyone even went into Dave & Buster's. After about 3 hours I left to go meet family and think others were doing the same.

You know you've got a good meet going when the Mustangs, Lexus, and Chargers all show up and rev at you! LOL

For anyone near the area, I understand there's a Facebook group for Illinois Stinger owners. I'm not a member because I do may best to stay OFF of Facebook. But if they can get things organized and keep us informed here, it sounds like a great idea!

Thanks to all who made the trip!

• Like Like x 2
  4. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

Great work guys !.............................. all meaningful revolutions start small !!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Angel

Angel United States Active Member

HAHAHHAHA LOL that was all my friends revving....it was all in good intentions..........

• Like Like x 1
  6. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

Wow, no offense but this looked really LAME! To have a proper "festival", you need sponsors and vendor exhibits, such as Kia, K&N, Injen, Stillen, M&S, K8Stingerstore and any other company that produces after market parts or sells parts for the Stinger. You'll need somewhere nice to host and accommodate accordingly whether indoors or outdoors. Overtime as it gets more attention, you can have guest speakers and such. But until then, it should just be called a meet and greet and people should realistically know the expectations. The reality is the Stinger is too new and too niche of a car to have any large following, and depending on the longevity of the car, this "fest" may never blossom to fruition. I hate to be that dude that drove 3+ hrs for this.

Buy hey, Comic Con started out in a dinky room by comic nerds and look at it now.....

7. StingerNYC

StingerNYC United States Active Member

. I actually drove about 24 hours in total round trip. No regrets!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

Sure, if you had other plans to do some site seeing in Chicago or anywhere else on your road trip. I'm sure it was a nice weekend getaway. I'm referring to those who were more local and did the road trip just for this, and drove back home the same day. Again, I'm sure those individuals made the best out of the trip. Sounds like one person had more fun at Dave and Busters than seeing the cars, lol.

If I made the trip, I'd be able to try out the smart cruise control on the long interstates, a feature I've yet to try out, so yes, there's still something to take away from the trip.

9. Kazz

The planning for this fell apart when the original planner found he had to deal with family health issues. I'm hoping for something bigger and better when winter breaks around here in 5-6 months. Considering driving down to the meet in Galveston, TX next month in the interim.

10. Kazz

And glad that you did! Nice to meet you and see your car!

11. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I would not be concerned with the local group, I have traveled 4 hours to the West Palm Beach, Cars and Coffee meet twice now and am planning on making the trip at the end of the month. It makes for a nice weekend, talking to and making new Stinger friends, seeing other fantastic cars, learning about fellow Stinger experiences, meeting significant others and spouses, plus just getting to drive the Stinger on an extended trip. We overnight and make it a very relaxing weekend. Also, we get to show off our Stingers to surprised performance fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted