Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger wins over Tesla

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Sidney, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Sidney

Sidney United States New Member

Hi everybody. I've never been much for forums, but I'm buying my husband a Stinger for his 60th birthday and this group seems to have a lot to offer. I personally would like a Tesla, but since it's his present, I guess a Stinger it is. His birthday was in August, but I really wanted an Atlantica, so I waited...and waited...and waited. Then I read that it wasn't going to be released. My dealer has no info. Does anyone know anything more before I buy a regular Stinger? I know, there's nothing regular about a Stinger, but I loved the artic blue color... :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. NikonMan

NikonMan United States Newish Member

The '19 GT2 trim has everything the Atlantica had except for the special colors. But for the price difference between the Stinger and the Tesla you can make it any color you want. :)

3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

What an intelligent thing to do. Make sure the color is the one you know that he likes the best, that's my only advice. :thumbup:

My wife went in with me, and she said I could use her inheritance to buy "my" Stinger. The color was her choice. But I readily agreed, since I could not have my color choice anyway (competition orange does not exist unless I get a wrap or repaint it); and I was down with any other color, so her preference prevailed. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Welcome aboard. What a great gift!!....Make sure you get the 2019 GT2, as stated before, that one will have everything the Atlantica had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

................whipped !! :eek::p:laugh:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blitz

Blitz United States Member

I was on track to get a Tesla before physically seeing both cars as well. Wasn't a contest after.

7. K8 Stinger Store

K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

8. Doel

Doel United States Stinger Enthusiast

get the 2019 GT2 and then get a wrap in the Atlantica color!

9. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

Teslas are bland and soulless.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Sidney

Everyone is saying I should get the 19 GT2. But I thought there was no chance between the 18 and 19 models. There are some really good deals on the 18 GT2. My biggest decision is red or ceramic silver. I personally love the red, but the silver is so much more than just a gray car. I guess I'll decide when I get to the dealer. He has no idea. When the Atlantica did arrive by his birthday I told him than the present I ordered came in wrong and would have to be reodered and it would be several more months. Now every time the UPS driver shows up he says, "is it my present?" ....lol. When I get the car I plan on going to dinner and valet parking our car. Then a friend is going to bring the new car and exchange it for the old one so the valet will bring out the new one after dinner.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

That is a great plan. Let us know how everything goes.

12. JVsGT

JVsGT United States Member

I leased an '18 GT2 back in February. Traded it and bought a '19 GT2 last month. There are 5 upgrades between the model years :
    1) 360 camera
    2) wireless charging dock
    3) heated rear seats
    4) coasting neutral control
    5) a few more color options

13. TV3

TV3 United States Member

And I thought I had a great wife!! That is an awesome plan! Go with the red btw. I get so many compliments on the color it really pops according to my wife.

14. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

I recently got out of my Model S 85D. I got the GT2 AWD. I love the Stinger GT2 AWD.

If you were seriously considering a Tesla, then the GT2 with all the accessories is the choice, IMHO. AWD is a must have for me for better traction control.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sidney

20181208_145302.jpg
    After months of planning and waiting for the the Atlantica, I ended up with the ceramic silver 2019 GT2. I've been so busy at work lately that I just drove it home and parked it in front of the house for him to find. He was thrilled. I think it took it him 2 days before he really believed it was his...lol. The gray may not be as flashy as the red or blue, but it is beautiful and the red leather interior is really cool.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. robz32

That is a great color combo. Congratulations to both of you!!

17. Sidney

After months of planning and waiting for the the Atlantica, I ended up with a ceramic silver 2019 GT2. I've been so busy at work lately that I just drove it home and parked it in front of the house for him to find. He was thrilled. I think it took it him 2 days before he really believed it was his...lol. The gray may not be as flashy as the red or blue, but it is beautiful and the red leather interior is really cool.
    I've never allowed myself to test drive a Tesla because so many say that once you drive one you're hooked. But, I love the stinger. And the price is great! I think I'm over the Tesla.

18. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Active Member

Do you have any sisters? :p

19. washguy

washguy United States Active Member

The clear bra company is just down the street and it seems as though Nate has got most all the clear bra biz from the Tesla folk.....so I pop in weekly and ive seen a lot of Teslas and got to sit in them too....soul less is the perfect word for these cars....Wash

Draft saved Draft deleted