Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger v13.0 Map Update Released

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by Theemfinger, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Leonidass

Leonidass United States Member

Yeah I feel you on that one.. my tires were 55PSI on all four. I just contacted the dealer so we'll see. It should be updated to the most current version at the time purchase IMO.

2. David Truax

David Truax United States Member

The dealer usually just inserts whatever SD card came with the car. They forgot to insert mine when I was picking it up and they just took it out of the glove box and put it in the nav system.

3. donnn

donnn United States Member

I bought my Stinger with the 12.5. version then 3 weeks later 13 came out I called several times and they sent out a ver 13 SD which I installed - no problems. Is the KIA Nav SD for the Stinger specifically or can I give my ver. 12.5 SD to a friend that has KIA Nav but not a Stinger?

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

You are treading in deep water, my friend. ;):) Apparently even an older "Stinger card" won't work if you try it, once the later version has been installed. I would be very leery of trying to use SD cards across different models. But, that just shows what I know, which ain't much! :p

5. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States Stinger Enthusiast

I've heard a few times on this forum about "1 free map upgrade." Is that a Stinger thing across the board, or just a USA offer? I don't feel the need for new maps yet, but if I do get a free one (Canada), I'd like to time it out to when it is most useful for me.

6. MerlintheMad

I got an upgrade because my version was already outdated when I purchased the car. I get one free upgrade coming. I too am waiting to use it. Sorry, I don't know about anything outside the US. (You have a US flag as your location nation. :p)

7. Revvdmedia

The work servers are on a VPN that is routed through the USA. Google currently pings me in Oregon lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MerlintheMad

I forget which of our Aussie friends gets US flag when at work. I think that he turned of the flag display option. I may do that simply because so many examples of "dislocation" exist on the forum; it makes the use of flags basically useless.

9. Revvdmedia

There is also the fact even some home and cell phone users run through VPNs for privacy purposes, so anything that automatically detects location is suspect to being inaccurate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Slacktude

Slacktude United States Member

Yikes, I'm still on NAM.10.4743.713.103.2. I submitted a ticket via the web site. It was out of date when I bought the car last September, now it's seriously out of date. Not that I ever use it. CarPlay only for me.

As for bad dealer stories, I took my car in for an oil change, alignment, and tire rotation this week. They charged me for the rotation but didn't do it. The service manager asked me how I knew. "See that scuff on the right rear wheel from parallel parking? It's still on the right rear wheel."

• Like Like x 1
  11. MerlintheMad

SMH What is the outcome of this going forward?

12. Gtecko

Gtecko Canada Active Member

no way... that is SO messed up !

13. Slacktude

Not much. They rotated the tires at least. Not sure what they can do long-term. I got the general "you can't get good help these days" but hey, you can. You just have to pay them better. I also let the service manager know my thoughts about how they need to up their game if they want to have customers that pay $50K+ for cars. But really, they should treat all customers well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. David Truax

David Truax United States Member

Which ATL dealer was this?

15. Slacktude

Ed Voyles Chamblee

16. MerlintheMad

Heh! How bad news can bite you from afar. I will be passing directly by Ed Voyles Kia on my way to my daughter's house in Decatur. In fact, Ed Voyles will probably be the closest Kia service center for the week that I am there! I leave SLC on the 19th Proximo and plan to arrive on the 21st.

17. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I had a ford service center call me to recommend a 30k (May have been 40... can’t remember) servicing on my 2011 moustang. I asked what was involved that they were charging me for.

Full cooling system flush.

I said “that’s fascinating since it’s the orange, 100k coolant OEM. And the manual confirms in the service intervals.”

I then asked him which he’d do.
    1) take money from someone who didn’t know and do the unnecessary service or 2) take the money and pretend to do the service knowing it isn’t due or needed.

He hung up.

This was the dealer I bought it from.

One of the many reasons I do my own servicing whenever humanly possible.

That and they scratched my door the last time I was there and lied about it.

18. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

My question is, what tires are they rotating? If you have the standard summer tire (PS 4S) setup they're staggered and don't need (can't) rotating anyway. 240 in the rear and 235 in the front. Doing a L/R swap isn't really useful.

If you want a better dealer experience, Jim Ellis in Kennesaw (they used to be Cobb County) is great. They're a bit of a drive from Chamblee, but I've been doing my service there for the past 2 years without issue.

19. MerlintheMad

I see Jim Ellis on Google Maps (and now I know where Kennesaw GA is :)). I'll mark that down.

20. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

Somebody is getting ripped off...

Draft saved Draft deleted