Stinger Sales in June beat last years

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Well, I'll be swizzled! Maybe a tipping point of visibility has been reached and passed? Think of it as months/years of rolling advertising.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I've had a sense that the sales have been picking up just by the sheer number of new members here that have bought cars , it feels like a surge over the last few months ..................but one month of stats does not make a trend , lets see

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Sushi

Vancouver, Canada
I've been seeing more Stingers around the GVRD area. In fact, I saw one parked at a park today and then saw another one on the drive home from said park. I hope this means that there will be a gen 2 if the refresh does well.

Blingen

Dover, DE
I thought also I had seen a surge of new members and never thought car sales were up...But more surprising to me is the Telluride. Have I missed something in the press? I thought it would have had an increase also.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I thought also I had seen a surge of new members and never thought car sales were up...But more surprising to me is the Telluride. Have I missed something in the press? I thought it would have had an increase also.
they just cant make them fast enough and their factory in the US was down for Covid 19

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I've been seeing more Stingers around the GVRD area. In fact, I saw one parked at a park today and then saw another one on the drive home from said park. I hope this means that there will be a gen 2 if the refresh does well.
totally agree , I see them on a much more regular basis and most of my driving is on the NorthShore !!!

YEH

1,527 is the best sales month since June of 2018.

So likely a combination of pent up demand and incentives (basically every lux/premium car has attractive incentives; the IS and TLX have $9-10k in incentives, not counting the dealer discount).

Low inventory (the Palisade did over 8k in sales) as Kia only had enough parts to build some more of the S trim, as production has been switched over to the 2021MY.

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Here in Oz Kia are advertising the Stinger like crazy both on radio and TV especially in prime time. Why this didn't happen 2 years back I'll never know.

Edwardb1

Minnesota
I have been actually seeing some stingers in the wild as well. It is good to see them, yet, I still love the attention our cars receive because they are not that common! So many people mistake my car for a Maserati, or something else-- it's funny.

PBennett18

Newish Member
New Jersey
It’s always nice seeing other stingers whilst driving mine. Been seeing more than the usual 1 or 2 around jersey and I still get the head turns and compliments from strangers every so often. Can’t wait to see where the aftermarket goes in the next couple months/years !

I'm also seeing more and more Stingers in my neck of the woods lately. The used market probably helps too. There are really good deals on slightly used 2018-2019 ones right now. That's how I was able to find a 2018 HiChroma Red GT Limited one about a year ago, at a price I was willing to pay, which was almost $10K CAD less than a brand new 2019 one (which wasn't even available in that color at the time). And yes, almost 3 years after its introduction, this car still turns heads, and I still receive thumbs-up from a lot of people. Just yesterday, someone in a shopping mall parking lot came up to me to tell me that he liked my car a lot. That's not why I bought it, but it's always nice to hear. The Stinger is Kia's hidden gem. I wish they should spend a lot more on advertising it, since they surely invested several millions of dollars creating it over the 6 years of its development. And with all the different versions available, there is certainly one to fit many people's needs and expectations. My AWD is magic in the snow (with good winter tires of course).

BTW, here in Quebec, Canada, Kia is almost as popular as Hyundai, which are both more popular than many other brands. There are also a lot of Mazdas on our roads.

Anyway, I'm glad that the Stinger is still around, and selling steadily months after months. Perhaps not in huge numbers, but selling nonetheless.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW