Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger Premium Buyers Remorse

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by CincyEagleFan, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CincyEagleFan

CincyEagleFan United States Newish Member

Hey All,

I got the '19 Premium that I love but I really want the GT and I'm regretting settling. I've had the car almost 3 weeks now and put about 2300 miles on it.

Any advice on the best way to get into a GT1/2 either '18 or '19? There's a REAL good deal with the dealer I purchased from on an 18 GT2. I just hate that feeling of everyday getting into the car and wishing I had gotten the GT.

2. brancky3

brancky3 United States Active Member

Have you talked to your dealer? Maybe they can cut you a deal.

3. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

What do you regret not having?

4. CincyEagleFan

The V6, the style. Some of the featured on the interior that the Premium doesn't have.

5. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

If you really want out, your dealer will find a way to make it happen. But expect a couple thousand dollar hit.

Otherwise, why not dress your premium up and make it uniquely yours. Tinted windows, new rims, vinyl racing stripes, ECU tune to give it more power, etc.

6. CincyEagleFan

Yeah that's what my wife wants me to do because she doesn't want the MPG hit that comes with the GT. There are definitely Pro's and Con's on both sides.

7. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

yes. know the feeling, my wife hates V6 mileage! We love our Premium but do miss heads up display heated wheel, ventilated seats etc

8. WarEagleRun

WarEagleRun United States Newish Member

I find myself concerned with the same thing as I am currently test driving both cars now.

9. CincyEagleFan

Just an update. They are offering me 29,500 for my trade in '19 Premium I got 3 weeks ago (80% factor put it at 28,000).
    The GT2 negotiation came to 40,964 on an AWD that has 5800 miles on it cause the owner of the dealership was driving it.
    So that leaves me 2k short on the loan that they'll roll into the new financing through Kia.

I'm going to take the Premium to CarMax today and see what appraisal they'll give for it just in case. I hate that I didn't just go with the GT2 in the beginning.

10. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I agree: go slow changing over at this point. I would not trust myself to be satisfied with a MY18 now. Especially one with that many miles on it.

12. CincyEagleFan

So you guys don't think that the trade in value will go down if I try to wait until say...March?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

It will, but why would you wait that long? "Go slow" doesn't mean wait too long either. If you know what you want, and the incentives from Kia on MY19s are good, and the selection is good (not right now at the beginning, it should be better by year's end or early next year; March isn't early next year, it's well in), and you've already been talking to sales reps and managers, working out your competing deals, then you'll know when to switch over. Don't rush in and find out that you want more of what a Stinger is, again. (Giving advice is so easy because it's free. :p)

14. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

I personally would do it since you really want the GT, It's a very good price, you still have 54K on the bumper warranty. You would have to wait until this time next year to get that good of a deal n a 2019. But ultimately it's up to you if you can wait that long.

15. brancky3

brancky3 United States Active Member

That's much better than I thought, honestly. That's a killer price on that GT2 and I wouldn't sweat over 2k personally.

16. twolfcale

twolfcale United States Member

My unsolicited advice is that people are getting new GT2s for less than that (assuming 40,964 is pre-tax, etc.) so you should tell them to shove it on what is essentially a used car.

If you really want a GT2 and you really like the specific model they're offering you (and aren't just settling because it's their only offer), I'd tell them that if they can bridge the extra 2k you would do it.

17. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

At this point a 2018 GT2 with miles on it, even though selling as new, you should expect them to get you in it for around $38k before taxes, or better. It’s still a new car and qualify for the incentives, they want to move it, time to do a Black Friday deal on it.

18. CincyEagleFan

I ended up getting it for 40,500.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

That is a good deal. I'm working with a dealer and offered them 42k on one with very little miles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Congrats! Now you can enjoy what you have been missing!

Draft saved Draft deleted