1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger GT

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by SnowWhite, May 13, 2019.

1. SnowWhite

SnowWhite United States New Member

they said I had remote start
    Didn’t have a button on remote

2. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club!

You don't get a separate button, if it has it, you press lock, then hatch release. Did you get the remote-start key fobs? (I did, never used them)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Can't help you. Welcome, by the way. :D

4. YOWStinger

YOWStinger United States Active Member

You start it with the UVO app, not from the fob

5. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Stinger Enthusiast

Not in US.

6. YOWStinger

That’s weird, why on earth not

7. Capecod

Capecod United States Member

Good question, the app here is useless

8. YOWStinger

Is there no GSM modem in the US cars?

9. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Stinger Enthusiast

I think (don't know) gsm modem would be there, but it's just not activated. May be they wanted to keep it exclusive just for k900. I saw in news few days ago that optima was getting it not sure if it did.

10. 19GT-AWD

19GT-AWD United States Member

Check your window sticker, it will show if the car was ordered with it.

You know, remote start was standard on like the last 1/2 a dozen new cars I owned. But it costs $500 on the Stinger GT ...

11. Christopher Léger

Christopher Léger United States Member

ill speak of my experience... im canadisn with uvo but im otr trucker that goes to california/ 5 day trips. I can start the car when im in Cali but for some reason uvo disengages after 4 days, even if i start it everyday the 4th day wont start. Disapointing for winter.

12. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

That's a design feature in the UVO remote start software - I don't think a remote start resets the 'last ignition off' timer.

24. Why does the Engine Start feature not work sometimes?
    For Engine Start to work successfully, please ensure that all four doors of your car are locked, security system armed, gearshift lever in Park (P) position, it has been less than 4 days since last vehicle ignition off and the vehicle is located in an open area with good cell reception. If you are still facing issues, please call UVO Intelligence Customer Assistance 1-877-542-2886.

Curious as to why you would want to remote start it every few days - cold starts are hard enough on the car without doing it multiple times if you're not going to be driving it. It also puts extra moisture and contaminants in the oil, as the engine doesn't get hot enough for long enough to burn/boil that stuff off.

13. Christopher Léger

Christopher Léger United States Member

I did
    [QUOTE="SteveCo, post: 184703, member: 2188"0
    Curious as to why you would want to remote start it every few days - cold starts are hard enough on the car without doing it multiple times if you're not going to be driving it. It also puts extra moisture and contaminants in the oil, as the engine doesn't get hot enough for long enough to burn/boil that stuff off.[/QUOTE]

I did it only few weeks to test if theres a way i could have prevent the 4 day expiration i had no confirmation that it was a actual software feature i found the 4 days by trial and error.. dealership failed to mention it.. but it was all in regards to have the car heat up when i arrive

14. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Yes, that makes sense - it would be nice to be able to start the car on the airport shuttle back to off-site parking as well, after an extended trip and returning to -40C temperatures ...

Draft saved Draft deleted