Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger GT vs Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio ................nice !

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by westcoastGT, Oct 8, 2019.

1. celwin

celwin United States Member

I wanted a Quadrifoglio but like the article said, in the end it was too pricey for me. I would say though, to date, I have not driven a better handling sedan in stock form. The car is a beast in handling and agility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

"Much of your time will be spent frustrated, muttering under your breath about slow drivers and confining speed limits. That’s less so with the Stinger GT."

Not so, not remotely. :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Rynil2000

Rynil2000 United States Active Member

"Imagine Ferrari building a twin-turbo V6 sport sedan in a mad rush to take down the BMW M3" - see: haphazardly

If you really want an Italian money pit, just wait 2 years and pick up a used model that has depreciated to half it's value. Maybe by that time the original owner will have knocked out some of the additional trips to the dealership.

Per C&D 40k mi long term review - "During its 14 months with us, the Giulia spent 80 days out of commission."

I'll pass on the Quadriplegio, thanks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. celwin

celwin United States Member

Performance at that level on a new car model comes at a price man. That would have been my response to you if I was to purchase the Quadrifoglio; Which I was entertaining.

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

So the price (in addition to big money) is interrupted "performance". Wonderful.:rolleyes::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. They say every "true car person" will own an Alfa at some point in their life. They never mention for how long though... Probably until they lemon law it and get something more reliable...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. ktstinger

ktstinger Canada Member

I love the look of the Alfa and the price isn’t that horrible, but the nearest dealership to me is a 4 hr drive away. A bit far given Alfa’s reputation for reliability. It’s one of the drawback for cars like Alfa, Massarati etc, the lack of dealerships.

8. The Madhouse

The Madhouse United States Newish Member

No comparison really, I wouldnt trade heads up 20190711_165012.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

Stinger with a couple grand in mods is faster. Been to the track 6 or 7 times this year and have not seen a BMW M or AMG or Alpha faster than my Kia. Small Audis on the other hand kick my ass.

10. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Member

small? We talking full bolt on TTs or what? We have an v6 a4 manual and that thing is not that fast. It is a 2004 tho, so that's probably why.

11. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

It's also an A4, which are slow regardless of year. S3, S4, RS3, RS4, S5, RS5 are all quick and have loads of aftermarket performance support.

12. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Member

True, the sportbacks are my favorite. But man specked out they are pricey. The US is getting one soon too. Finally something other than SUVs

13. Stump

Stump United States Member

My wife test drove a 2019 maroon one. She said it was NICE! But for $70k plus and yes 500 hp I think $ for $ the Stinger is your best bet. Plus God only knows what the maintenance and out of warranty repairs would cost. Now if our income was a little bit more she probably would have bought one but for right now she loves her Stinger.

14. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

The 5 cylinders - TTRs and RS3. They run high 11s - 12 flat stock and low 11s with just an e85 tune.

Draft saved Draft deleted