• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Stinger GT Arrivals in Australia

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
I didn't even get asked if wanted extras, like floor mats etc, when I ordered mine so had to chase them for options.
I'd have thought they would do everything possible to sell you extras because the markup on them would be huge. Most times when I get a quote for a new car they automatically add everything like mats, tint and paint protection. And then try to sell me insurance and finance, too.

LuciusNexx

Newish Member
I'd have thought they would do everything possible to sell you extras because the markup on them would be huge. Most times when I get a quote for a new car they automatically add everything like mats, tint and paint protection. And then try to sell me insurance and finance, too.
Me too, I booked the test drive went in gave it a good hour and half of mixed driving. Loved it, went back and said "I'll take one." barely got paint/leather protection & tint out of them lol
So yeah probs wont go back to that dealership lol

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Me too, I booked the test drive went in gave it a good hour and half of mixed driving. Loved it, went back and said "I'll take one." barely got paint/leather protection & tint out of them lol
So yeah probs wont go back to that dealership lol
Were they really, really busy or something?

LuciusNexx

Newish Member
Were they really, really busy or something?
Not particularly that day. maybe it was just the 2 people I spoke to just didn't want to sell me, consider I was like "yeah gimme a car pls."

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Picked up my new Stinger today. It's been raining today so I drove it straight home from the dealership (luckily it didn't get wet). Initial observations from that 15 minute drive:
  • In sport mode the suspension is much firmer compared to my pre-facelift Stinger and probably only suited to a track. Comfort mode is similar.
  • In sport mode the bi-modal exhaust is much louder at low revs than the standard exhaust on my previous one. In comfort mode I can't tell much difference.
  • Head-up display is even better than before - the speed readout on the old one did not change from green to yellow and then red depending on how much faster you were going than the speed limit.
  • Bigger navigation screen gives a surprisingly big lift to the interior ambiance compared to the 8" screen.
  • Similarly, the 'watch strap' stitching and perforations on the seats and stitching on the panel on which the air vents are located also make the interior feel much more luxurious. They really did put a lot of time and effort into the refresh.
Interestingly, mine has the brushed metal-look 'GT' badge on the boot and embossing on the headrests. So now I'm off to order the brushed metal-look 14" Stinger badge for the boot, rather than using the chrome badge I had ready to go.

MrE

Picked up my new Stinger today. It's been raining today so I drove it straight home from the dealership (luckily it didn't get wet). Initial observations from that 15 minute drive:
  • In sport mode the suspension is much firmer compared to my pre-facelift Stinger and probably only suited to a track. Comfort mode is similar.
  • In sport mode the bi-modal exhaust is much louder at low revs than the standard exhaust on my previous one. In comfort mode I can't tell much difference.
  • Head-up display is even better than before - the speed readout on the old one did not change from green to yellow and then red depending on how much faster you were going than the speed limit.
  • Bigger navigation screen gives a surprisingly big lift to the interior ambiance compared to the 8" screen.
  • Similarly, the 'watch strap' stitching and perforations on the seats and stitching on the panel on which the air vents are located also make the interior feel much more luxurious. They really did put a lot of time and effort into the refresh.
Interestingly, mine has the brushed metal-look 'GT' badge on the boot and embossing on the headrests. So now I'm off to order the brushed metal-look 14" Stinger badge for the boot, rather than using the chrome badge I had ready to go.
Very good. Congrats on the new car.

I've been keen to hear views of an Aus owner who's gone from the original model to the refresh. I've only been able to read what driving the original is like, so have always wondered how much of a difference there really is other than just new lights, wheels and a bigger screen.

I agree the sport mode suspension seems significantly harder than the other settings and not at all suited to day to day driving on worn out city streets. But its great that you can change that with the custom setting.

I'm also yet to work out how to predict what the a/c & ventilation settings will be on whenever I start the car. It often doesn't seem to be whatever I left it in when I turned off the car. Sometimes the same with the radio vs bluetooth too.

How's that remote start going for you!?

G

G-721632

Yes, that's what they say. EV6 will be in showrooms next month. Pity Kia can't (or won't) pick up their act with Stinger production?
Wasnt production meant to shut down sometime this year on the current stinger line? That could have changed since I last looked into it.

LuciusNexx

Newish Member
I agree the sport mode suspension seems significantly harder than the other settings and not at all suited to day to day driving on worn out city streets. But its great that you can change that with the custom setting.

Sport mode is definitely not for daily driving, its for spirited/track driving for sure.

Remote start is nice, more so in summer than winter. if you set your AC and don't use Auto on it, its great. it doesn't turn on the seat vents/heaters though #firstworldproblems

Aussierox

Sounds like you've got one of the first MY23 that have started landing in Aus. Congratulations!

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Mjvfran

Newish Member
Hi, I'm Ray (Harlequin) and I live in SE QLD. I ordered my Stinger GT in mid October. I'm wondering whether anyone out there has picked up their new vehicle in November or December?
Vic Australia
Ordered 26 April 2022
Told 9 months but might be longer
Read posts hoping for earlier dealer hasn’t heard boo
Though with new advertising of the stinger it might be earlier but news this morning said chips out of Taiwan held up so who knows

killinghall

In sport mode the suspension is much firmer compared to my pre-facelift Stinger and probably only suited to a track. Comfort mode is similar.

Remember to make sure your tyres are not over inflated from the factory.

You can set the car in Sport mode and the chassis in comfort.

You'll find Eco to have the softest setting, softer than Comfort.

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
I'm also yet to work out how to predict what the a/c & ventilation settings will be on whenever I start the car. It often doesn't seem to be whatever I left it in when I turned off the car. Sometimes the same with the radio vs bluetooth too.

I kinda lost track of where we ended up with the remote start situation and closing the windows - had a very quick look - confirmed that the windows don't work upon opening the driver's door, but they did after I got in and closed the door. Not sure if the car senses someone's sitting in the driver's seat or just allows the windows to operate once the driver's door has opened and closed.

Regarding the ventilation controls, I've always wondered why the ventilation keeps changing to outside air. I made sure I had the 'smart' climate system and automatic defog features off but it kept happening. Just today I found the answer on the forum - if the sunroof is open, the ventilation system will automatically switch to outside air after three minutes. That might be part of the answer to your query?
Sounds like you've got one of the first MY23 that have started landing in Aus. Congratulations!
Thank you! :thumbup:
Remember to make sure your tyres are not over inflated from the factory.
I appreciate your advice. Actually I got the dealership to take the wheels off my trade-in and put them on the new one as I think the facelift's wheels block the view of the Brembos too much. :rofl:

Harlequin

I kinda lost track of where we ended up with the remote start situation and closing the windows - had a very quick look - confirmed that the windows don't work upon opening the driver's door, but they did after I got in and closed the door. Not sure if the car senses someone's sitting in the driver's seat or just allows the windows to operate once the driver's door has opened and closed.

Regarding the ventilation controls, I've always wondered why the ventilation keeps changing to outside air. I made sure I had the 'smart' climate system and automatic defog features off but it kept happening. Just today I found the answer on the forum - if the sunroof is open, the ventilation system will automatically switch to outside air after three minutes. That might be part of the answer to your query?

Thank you! :thumbup:

I appreciate your advice. Actually I got the dealership to take the wheels off my trade-in and put them on the new one as I think the facelift's wheels block the view of the Brembos too much. :rofl:
Most modern luxury cars have their ventilation controls default to outside air; stops the aircon from becoming smelly. Internal is for smokey, smoggy environments.

Harlequin

Vic Australia
Ordered 26 April 2022
Told 9 months but might be longer
Read posts hoping for earlier dealer hasn’t heard boo
Though with new advertising of the stinger it might be earlier but news this morning said chips out of Taiwan held up so who knows
There are people on this site who have recently picked up a new GT two weeks after buying it. Where do you live? Some of the big dealers have been ordering in more stock since the semiconductor shortage has been pretty much sorted out. I'd be checking other dealers in your area?

Mjvfran

Newish Member
There are people on this site who have recently picked up a new GT two weeks after buying it. Where do you live? Some of the big dealers have been ordering in more stock since the semiconductor shortage has been pretty much sorted out. I'd be checking other dealers in your area?
Yes stuffed up placed order and paid deposit on new one in 9 months
Should have shopped around
Bit late now