Stinger GT 3.5 Litre confirmed

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
That is pretty vague and does not inspire confidence, in my humble opinion. Added to the "pigeon" English it is far from conclusive.

But, digital instrument cluster replacing the analogue? Not for me. The one facelift feature I find interesting is the natural lighting up of the red bar between the taillights. I don't like the new wheels. They're not ugly. Just no improvement.

Hockster

Stinger Enthusiast
Edmonton, AB, CA
Yet another blog being quoted as fact.

norinse

Yet another blog being quoted as fact.
Normally I'd agree, but I'm pretty "Korean Car Blog" is basically an arm of Hyundai/Kia's marketing department. Through the broken English, you can read that they have information that you wouldn't really get normally. I'm gonna go ahead and say the 2.5 and 3.5 are gonna happen for 2021. Those engines are being fit into other vehicles that also had the 2.0 and 3.3, like the G70.

Endlessly

Newish Member
Even if it's true, it still only says they're testing it. That would still be great news though because I imagine it would mean there's a reasonable chance of it happening, while so many people on these forums have dismissed it as even being a possibility. On another note, I think I'm the only person on this forum to say I'm excited that they are going with the 2.5L, which no one seems to have questioned or dismissed. As someone who might go with the cheaper option, that's a level of power that I would be pretty happy with. The 245 HP and the headlights were the two things that had me on the fence.

I think it would make a lot of sense too because the higher trims are quite pricey for the average person looking to buy a new car without wanting to go too crazy, but the cheaper ones feel like they're at a great price for people who might not feel it's too big of a jump and may want to upgrade quite a bit over something like an Accord, Camry, Altima, etc. or even straight up compare them with the most expensive trims on those cars since they're a comparable price. A bigger infotainment center and more horsepower are two big things that might push more people over to the Stinger side.