kia stinger store

Stinger GT 3.3L in a Delorean with a Porsche transmission

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
How do they know that cutting out that subframe to lower the engine won't mess with the rigidity and result in handling weirdness?

STINGER

Stinger Enthusiast
Bahrain
Freakin amazing build :)

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
That's really impressive actually! :D

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
How do they know that cutting out that subframe to lower the engine won't mess with the rigidity and result in handling weirdness?
Guessing they're going to reinforce it once they have things roughed in. Maybe weld some steel to the existing frame to add some rigidity. Need to stay tuned to find out. ;)

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
This is awesome! I always love the DeLorean for it's quirkiness and Back to the Future screen time. But ditching the 80's power for some 3.3TT motivation is going to be crazy. I can't wait to see how the build goes. Definitely a YouTube rabbit hole for this morning. Thanks for sharing.

RogueIV

Been watching this build for a bit now and it's really coming out great! Not bad power either, 487hp to the wheels.

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
Good heavens these guys are pretty talented. They do so much custom-fabrication in house.
Removing the variable valve timing was mind blowing to me. These guys are super talented all around. I can't wait to see this thing complete.

BUZER

Removing the variable valve timing was mind blowing to me. These guys are super talented all around. I can't wait to see this thing complete.
It sounds good from the videos and since they made It port injected and clearly have access to tune the engine I wonder If they could run full e85. I feel very confident based off what I've seen them do through this build that It could If the owner wants them to.

Aquineas

It sounds good from the videos and since they made It port injected and clearly have access to tune the engine I wonder If they could run full e85. I feel very confident based off what I've seen them do through this build that It could If the owner wants them to.

It's interesting that one of the reasons they listed from switching to direct to port injection is the high-pressure-fuel-pump. It's something to keep in mind as these engines mature and start to get pushed. Also note that the 487HP at the wheels was only on 9 pounds of boost(!).