1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger Graveyard yarns. RIP.

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by Markjohn, Mar 25, 2020.

Has your Stinger saved your life

1. Physically

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Mentally

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Markjohn

Markjohn Australia Member

I am in mourning, I have lost not one but two wonderful intelligent babies. The first was a 2018 Gt and fell in love at first sight. (still on my member pic). However at about her 30,000 klm birthday as it had been parked in a bushland driveway only 2 minutes before, a tree cut short her life in a freak storm that hit Sydney. crushed Stinger.jpg
    The SES had to cut her out. still drove ok to get on the tow truck. Kudos to Stinger safety design boffins as even if I had been in the car at the time, I would not have been hurt .(note car is holding up a big tree with some suspension). So I got paid out and by chance the new Skylight edition had just been released. So no question about it, Micro Blue this time as the Deep Chroma was a grub.
    On return from a run to Newcastle, a road train changed into my right hand lane ( I must have been in his blind spot) doing about 110 klicks. I floored it as I was swiftly being pushed into the guardrail, I reckon the truckie thought he had given birth to a stinger. Wow, this new baby had saved my life by by not only have the power to pull me out of trouble but RWD, stability control, LSD (Limited Slip Differential) & balance.
    20200318_221507.jpg
    Poor baby was taken out by a drunken driver doing 120 klms in the rear passenger side, I was doing about 60. The Stinger again saved our lives by being solid, winding down to limp safely with alert, the young driver that hit me with his 4wd Hilux was high range on P's so be aware of anything anytime.
    No one was hurt but my new baby who was only 700klm's old. The nice copper who attended said it was a sign not to get another Stinger, my reply was that it was a sign to get another one. 3rd time lucky. In each event, if I had an inferior smaller or even SUV I would be dead or in Hospital.
    I will try and pre-order a 2021 model if the virus allows me to live that long & they bring one out?

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. rofl__XD

rofl__XD Australia New Member

Upsetting to hear man...
    hopefully your insurance is being kind to you!
    Not sure if you know or not though, you're first baby is up for auction.. never to be road worthy though...
    Are you on the FB group?
    Few of us saw an article about your second unlucky run...
    Hope to see you driving around in a Stinger again soon!

upload_2020-3-25_16-51-42.png

3. BlueByYouGT

BlueByYouGT Active Member

All of the Stingers at the dealership will run and hide when they see you coming.

What's a skylight edition Stinger? Never heard of it.

4. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia 1000 Posts Club!

What sort of luck is that?. Sorry to hear about it Mark. You know the saying though....third times a charm.

5. Nasscar

Actual name is night sky edition. Just been released in Australia. Has bimodal exhaust and grey leather interior for only 700 bucks extra over the GT price. Comes in black, Deep Chroma blue or micro blue only.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlueByYouGT

BlueByYouGT Active Member

Interesting. Thanks.

7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

"Skylight edition", I thought must be an Aussie term for moonroof/sunroof. :p Nope.

I agree, get another Stinger! It is meant to be. Your "real" car is coming. The first two were only trial runs. :D

8. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

That is tough sight. Glad to know that the Stinger did its job protecting its passengers. Stay strong and get your name on the list for a 2021 :thumbup:

9. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

Wow that's a wild ride. Glad you are ok. I would have given the drunk driver a few scars to remember the event before the law came. People that can't control the booze have no right to be on the roads.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 2500 Posts Club!

He had NO Right to be behind the wheel at all, P plater's should have zero blood alcohol levels, they are normally young and inexperienced drivers.
    Hope he loses his drivers licence for a long time and gets it back when he has matured more and grown some intelligence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nasscar

You let him have it Flame. Bloody P plate driver. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

That’s some terrible bad luck mate. I get what you’re saying about the deep chroma blue being a grub, but take it from a micro blue owner, it’s not much better. Shows up the dust/dirt a fair bit. Still they’re a beautiful car and like you if something happened to mine I’d happily get another Stinger. Good luck with the third one

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

This one appeared on the Kia Stinger Owners Facebook site today.
    The cabin area appears to have held up well.
    0D09750F-CB80-4FCD-929E-0AD409DA49FF.jpeg 7C5E0685-B471-4D3C-A54D-FDB199312563.jpeg 4249CBC9-79E8-4828-9E4C-BAB707A7AFAE.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

I was about to say, THAT, is a rollover. And then I got to the last pic. :rolleyes::(

15. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

They see me rollin, they hateing.
    The guy said that he was the only person in the car, and someone was coming at him head on. He managed to avoid that and got slammed in the side instead. The bottom pic is the result. It looks so crazy that one might think it's photoshopped but it's not, the headlights throw a beam. It's probably on Copart by now. I am glad he didn't get hurt, that's a crazy accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted