kia stinger store

Stinger CRDi diesel tune

mtuckeruk

I have a 2019 CRDi diesel 2.2 litre GT Line S. Plugged a TDI tuner in, was simple and straightforward 2 minutes to plug in and 10 minutes to do all cable ties to secure it. First impressions I was unsure of how much of a difference it was making. It certainly doesn't feel like the 260bhp they claim but feels more like 220-240bhp , stock is 200.

I decided to try do a few pulls out of a layby onto a 70mph road. It's slightly uphill. Did launch control 3 times on sport mode , stock and got 7.9, 7.7 and 8.2. Switched it into map 7 (max) and managed a 6.9 first go. I need to record more pulls to really quantify. Location was not ideal, as I had to pull out from layby onto the main road and road surface changes and it's not an exact straight line but almost straight. @Hilleagle

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-02-12-58-34-459_com.milejko.dragracer.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-02-12-58-34-459_com.milejko.dragracer.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2

Hilleagle

@mtuckeruk that sounds very interesting.

Will be interested to know how much difference you feel it makes in every day driving and in the fuel economy!

Although if you keep giving it the beans, it will be returning 20 mpg!

How much was it?

mtuckeruk

@mtuckeruk that sounds very interesting.

Will be interested to know how much difference you feel it makes in every day driving and in the fuel economy!

Although if you keep giving it the beans, it will be returning 20 mpg!

How much was it?
I'm doing a few long drives in the next week will try remember to put it in map 1 and see how it goes. Whilst I was testing 0-60 I still averaged 35mpg (was surprised) but I was looping back each time so mpg wasn't so bad.

I find the Stinger's gearbox already so smooth and getting up to speed smooth so can be difficult to tell the difference but it's definitely there.

£345 all in with delivery using the web discount code.

I think it's either off, map 1 or map 7 the rest of the maps seem pointless

mtuckeruk

I'm doing a few long drives in the next week will try remember to put it in map 1 and see how it goes. Whilst I was testing 0-60 I still averaged 35mpg (was surprised) but I was looping back each time so mpg wasn't so bad.

I find the Stinger's gearbox already so smooth and getting up to speed smooth so can be difficult to tell the difference but it's definitely there.

£345 all in with delivery using the web discount code.

I think it's either off, map 1 or map 7 the rest of the maps seem pointless
Went with the Bluetooth option as well, which in my opinion is a must.

mtuckeruk

0-60 mph looks better than 0-100 kmph

Puts it pretty close to the stock 2.0 litre times

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-02-18-39-10-717_com.milejko.dragracer.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-02-18-39-10-717_com.milejko.dragracer.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 3

Marco Bel

Newish Member
I have a 2019 CRDi diesel 2.2 litre GT Line S. Plugged a TDI tuner in, was simple and straightforward 2 minutes to plug in and 10 minutes to do all cable ties to secure it. First impressions I was unsure of how much of a difference it was making. It certainly doesn't feel like the 260bhp they claim but feels more like 220-240bhp , stock is 200.

I decided to try do a few pulls out of a layby onto a 70mph road. It's slightly uphill. Did launch control 3 times on sport mode , stock and got 7.9, 7.7 and 8.2. Switched it into map 7 (max) and managed a 6.9 first go. I need to record more pulls to really quantify. Location was not ideal, as I had to pull out from layby onto the main road and road surface changes and it's not an exact straight line but almost straight. @Hilleagle
hello, ive a 2.2 crdi too , i d like to raise the power , wich is the box you tried ? Does your car have an automatic gear box ?

do you know what kind of aotomatic gearbox has the stinger , a kind of dsg ?

mtuckeruk

@Hilleagle . 60 mile trip from Bracknell to Leighton , mixed motorway and non motorway. 5 minute jam on M1. Used Eco mode and MAP 1 on the tuner. Don't think I've ever had fuel consumption that low. I will be quite annoyed if Kia couldn't tune the Eco mode as well as the TDI tuner. Shameful

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_171035.jpg
    IMG_20210503_171035.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 2

mtuckeruk

hello, ive a 2.2 crdi too , i d like to raise the power , wich is the box you tried ? Does your car have an automatic gear box ?

do you know what kind of aotomatic gearbox has the stinger , a kind of dsg ?
As far as I understand there is only one CRDi with 2 models. 8 speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifters for manual gearing. Two models, GT Line and GT Line S. The GT Line S model has a sunroof and a few other extra features.

Installed a TDI tuner box, for a little extra power and economy. It's not a massive amount of extra power

Hilleagle

@Hilleagle . 60 mile trip from Bracknell to Leighton , mixed motorway and non motorway. 5 minute jam on M1. Used Eco mode and MAP 1 on the tuner. Don't think I've ever had fuel consumption that low. I will be quite annoyed if Kia couldn't tune the Eco mode as well as the TDI tuner. Shameful
Never seen those economy numbers! If you can get 50+ easily that's very impressive! Very impressive indeed!