kia stinger store

Stinger 2.0 performance

Silveyman

Newish Member
So what is everyone's go to site for performance parts for the 2.0? Not lookin for anything crazy. Maybe a mild stage 2. A tune. Cold air. Intercooler. Down pipe/exhaust.

G

G-696020

k8 store or importshark... for tune I did LAP3 but you can also do a JB4. I also got an injen intake, maintec intercooler, and ARK exhaust... You will not find many bolt on performance parts for the 2.0

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL

Silveyman

Newish Member
Not familiar with the LAP3. Was lookin into racechip. As far as other stuff shark racing has a decent amount of stuff for 2.0 platform

Travis Wills

The best performance upgrade for a 2.0 Stinger is to trade it for a 3.3 Stinger. The V6 Stinger is the only way to get real performance with a Stinger.

SOCAL2.0

Performance is relative! I am very happy with my 2.0T. cruises effortlessly at 90MPH, and gets 34 MPG doing that. I do have a problem with traction on my RWD and in fast sweepers the rear feel real light. Sure a little extra power is always welcomed.

monusa

Newish Member
The best performance upgrade for a 2.0 Stinger is to trade it for a 3.3 Stinger. The V6 Stinger is the only way to get real performance with a Stinger.
i beg to differ there "Travis"......i planned on trading my 2018 2.0T for a 2022 GT(just because....)....HOWEVER......after the "minor" mods i have done (JB4-MAP3,Shell 93octane, K$N, plugs), i can honestly say i am having "second" thoughts. at a 2 lane stoplight, i am in right lane behind soccer-mom van and in the left lane, a BMW 5 series (2015 or so) and in front of him.........Ferrari FF (one with the small back seat)...green light, Ferrari punches it and the bimmer hit at about the exact same time. i get around the van damn near push the gas pedal through the floor, JB4 lit up and i went around the BMW as if standing still....Ferrari 2 cars lengths ahead and saw me go around the BMW. big cloud of black smoke came from his exhaust, and the lead rapidly increased(as it should have). got to my turn off and BMW followed i pulled over and was asked if i had a GT minus badges. no sir, i don't..just the 2.0T with some added "motivation".....moral of the story is.....this 2.0T is bad ass (if you want it to be) and purrs like a kitten when i set the JB4 to MAP0......

Vermillion

Performance is relative! I am very happy with my 2.0T. cruises effortlessly at XMPH, and gets 34 MPG doing that. I do have a problem with traction on my RWD and in fast sweepers the rear feel real light. Sure a little extra power is always welcomed.
Agreed and chasing power is a trap, firstly because it doesn't take that long to adapt. After seeking performance by means of V8's, twin turbos and high performance diesels 300 HP now feels like a 1.0L econobox to me.

Secondly I won't deny the 3.3L is overkill and then some for road use, on the odd occasion I get to enjoy 0-60 it's for a whole 4.7 seconds but the cost always remains higher. I remember saying to a friend, oh be careful with that 225HP Focus ST, it's a little too powerful. How times have changed.. :laugh: