Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Square Setup for GT

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by TO Turbo, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TO Turbo

TO Turbo Canada Member

Suspension & Tire Gurus: What are your thoughts on running a square (equal width) setup on the GT? According to a vendor on another forum, the car below is running 245/35/20 tires on 20x9 wheels. No offset information is provided but its likely in the 40ish area.

Not being a huge fan of the stock 19" wheels a thought was to relegate them to winter duty with stock size winter tires, purchase a set of 19" summer wheels and run 255/35/19 all around. I'd reuse the stock rear tires and purchase 2 new PS4's for the front.

Good idea? Stupid Idea? Mess up the handling? Haven't seen it discussed before so I'm just throwing it out there, partly out of curiosity and partly due to an earlier request fro fresh threads on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Active Member

If you are going wider in the front you’ll gain a bit better traction up front, so less pushing through a corner.

There is no harm in going to a square set up. Generally there isn’t the same amount of room up front to run as of wide wheels/tires as the rear. But if the specs are true in that pic then there is on the Stinger.
  3. mev202

mev202 Germany Active Member

Wont square wheels make the ride really bumpy?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TO Turbo

TO Turbo Canada Member

Lol. Could be kind of a pre-Flinstones sort of ride.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 1000 Posts Club!

The 19s run pretty firm , 20's for me would like riding on a roller skate , staggered set up looks better and is designed for better handling but it depends on your driving style , my$.02
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 1000 Posts Club!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. AAQUINO11

AAQUINO11 Canada Newish Member

I just ordered a set of 20x9 +38mm offset for all 4 corners of my Stinger. I don't see any harm in it.
  8. Canoli

Canoli United States Member

Getting staggered 19's put on now.
  9. Rocket

Rocket United States Member

Actually, staggered setup is designed for traction, not handling. Styling is a big part of the equation, too.
  10. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States Active Member

I've actually wondered this after seeing the car in person, the front tires have a slight stretch to them on the wheel. Seems like there is room there to go 235, or probably up to the 255 of the rears. I think they can take the car even further but they held back a bit to give the G70 an advantage while still making it an exciting drive or the KIA side. Would love to hear from those that go with a square setup if the handling changes any.
  11. Aquadog

Aquadog United States Active Member

If the 20s are fitting on the front and the rear, can you just put the same size 19 that are on the rear, on the front?
Draft saved Draft deleted