Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Speakers changing levels randomly

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by Ulikefishsticks, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Ulikefishsticks

Ulikefishsticks United States Newish Member

I have had my stinger for about 6 weeks now and I have noticed some quirks from the Harman Kardon speakers. First issue I have is it feels like the audio lowers itself and sometimes feels like the music from the rear speakers becomes more prevalent. I tried searching through the forums and gave up after a few attempts and keywords heh.

Another issue I am having is the volume levels between radio/satellite radio and android auto. While using satellite radio I can get comfortable sound levels around 10 on the dial. For Android Auto I need to have the dial set over 20 to get the same volume levels and I feel I lose a lot of detail in the music.

I thought I read somewhere here on the forums of issues with the head unit with audio levels and moving the speaker levels to the rear ones and it being fixed under warranty. Can't remember the code that was being used. I take my car in to the dealership next week for my 12k regular maint and I am going to try to bring it up.

Has anyone seen these issues or maybe can direct me to a thread that talks about it? Thank you!

PS
    Does anyone have any tips for using the forums search function that will give relevant information and doesn't spit out garbage?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Cyrus Duong

Cyrus Duong United States Member

If you have the HK system I know there is a 'Clari-Fi' option that has like 3 options. (On stage, in audience, OFF). That could be messing with what you're hearing. It bothered me too setting it to off fixes the weird surround effects they were trying to do...

If you also have navigation running it will lower music volume if you have that option turned on. They both should be buried in the sound settings

As for the android auto - audio I find it uses the wrong audio stream sometimes (uses call instead of media streaming) and loses a lot of detail. I find sometimes restarting it (unplugging/plugging) fixes it. Other times I have to open google music and pause/play, before going back to Spotify to play music which fixes it. Also, make sure the volume on your phone is turned all the way up also. Because of this annoyance I typically just use the regular Bluetooth audio instead of plugging in for android auto. I'm pretty sure it is an Android Auto software issue because the older version of this never had this problem for me.

Search on forums are always pretty sketchy. You can try using google search and restricting it to this site.

E.g. in google try

"Surround Sound Issue site:stingerforum.org"

That'll restrict all the results to only this forum which should/might have some better results.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

There is a glitch that moves the sound from the centre to the rear and it is well documented in a post ( good luck finding it ) seems to happen when you switch source modes in mine

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Different audio volume for different sources is normal. In fact each source has its own volume setting. Radio I have to turn down to 5 or 6; USB I usually keep at 8 or 10; incoming calls over Bluetooth I have turned up to 20-something, etc.

Clari-fi is OFF: USB sourced music sounds better with it off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member

Jikes, i wouldnt hear anything in my stinger with 10.
    When i listen to audio books over BT i end up around 32-35 ticks.
    Radio/DAB 22-25.

6. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Different markets, I guess. Good thing this audio system has a dynamic volume range! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted