Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

No Dealer Markup Serra Kia of Trussville, Alabama

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by Job314, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Job314

Job314 United States Newish Member

I'm in Texas, so I was a bit wary of buying a car from Alabama. Still, I've waited a LONG time for Panthera Metal, and I had some airline miles that were expiring, so I contacted Serra Kia. No markup and the sales GM, Richard, did a great job of working with me on price and walking me through the process. He even picked me up from the airport. Overall, very satisfied customer here. Make sure to ask to speak to Richard if you're interested in one of their Stingers.

Here's me upon first seeing my Panthera Metal GT1. DSC_0303.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. STNGRNV

STNGRNV United States Active Member

That is likely where I'll end up buying mine. I'm in Birmingham. That GT1 has been sitting there a while. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Stinger GT! What did it replace? Oh and thank you for the dealer review!

4. Job314

Job314 United States Newish Member

Thank you. Interesting that this car was at the dealer for awhile; maybe it is taking some time for the typical Kia customer base to shift a bit to include folks interested in such a car. On my drive back home, folks praised the car on two of my gas station stops, so the market interest is there - just need to get the word out that this is a Kia I guess.

To answer your question, the Stinger replaces my 2005 Acura RSX Type S. I like my Acura, but with a 1 year old baby, getting him in the backseat is getting more and more awkward, so I was in the market for something 4-doors and fun with the latest active safety features.

• Like Like x 2
  5. STNGRNV

STNGRNV United States Active Member

Yeah, I've been watching the inventory as best as I can from the websites. I don't think a ton have been sold in my area. I've only seen 2 and I'd venture to guess around 10 have sold since launch. We've had the same 4 yellow GTs around for a month. I know one dealer has crazy markups (4k) and that could be hurting sales.

Draft saved Draft deleted