Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

September deals?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Doel, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Doel

Doel United States Member

Any word on September deals? The lease on my Maxima is finally over October 2nd and it's time to start Stinger shopping!

2. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

Guess we have to wait a few days. I am waiting till 13th to see what's the deal with proceed wagon and if 2019 show up on the floor. Then decide if I want a deal on 2018 or 2019.

3. Atl5Stripes

Atl5Stripes United States Member

Will be interesting to see when 2019's hit. Holding off till then. Hoping for GT1 or 2 in Panthera Metal.

4. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

No info on the site yet. My guess it that it will be similar to August’s.

5. Rob M

Rob M United States New Member

Lease cash and awd rebate are the same - I used $7.9K leash cash and $1K awd on gt2 on 09/03

6. Atl5Stripes

I was looking really hard at one this weekend too. It had the light grey interior, which I couldn't imagine holding up to the onslaught from kids and dog.

Blue with light interior looked great though.

7. twig2121

twig2121 Iceland Member

Everyone has their opinion on colors, but I'll share that the only blue stinger GTs within 50mi of me are the light interior. I bought the last blue/black GT on Friday (~50mi from where I'm at in PA). We had to drive to Maryland to get the blue/blk GT as the last two in PA near me were bought on Weds and Thur of last week. I agree on getting dark interior with pets.

I suspect that with the 2019 GTs not getting driver assistance package, people like me were jumping in on the deals to pay $4k less this year rather than having to jump up to a GT1 trim when we don't really need the add'l features. Plus the 2019 GT2 won't even come in blue!

8. Atl5Stripes

Where are you seeing info on the 2019s? I've seen nothing outside this forum.

9. MarkyMark

MarkyMark United States Active Member

Yes, please clarify on the 2019's. I've seen the breakout of features, as the GT comes with blind spot and lane assist standard, but I was under the impression the rest of the tech goods could still be had in a DriveWise package for the GT. You are saying there is NOT optional DriveWise for the GT? That sounds highly odd, very odd, as safety is the hottest thing selling in cars, and if that tech is not - at least - optional, the GT is as good as dead.

10. Waynerm002

I just checked KIA's site and the September incentives list a Loyalty rebate for $3k or a Conquest Rebate for $3k plus $1k Stinger bonus cash and the $400 for military. Looks like the $8900 lease cash is gone, if that's the case, I'm happy I got mine before they took it away. Then again, if it comes back and those are in addition to the $8900, I missed out on some money. LOL!

11. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

What's a conquest rebate?

12. MarkyMark

MarkyMark United States Active Member

Funny. I just went to Kia.com and looked at offers or elected the Stinger and an LA zip code and the system kicks out: NO RESULTS FOR YOUR CURRENT FILTER SELECTIONS, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Nice... NOT! Of course resetting the filters to all vehicles, all deals, and still the same message. Kia's IT team is costing them money...

13. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Newish Member

Yup. I just did the same thing; got the exact same "NO RESULTS..." message.

14. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

The rebate will start showing in few days again. They ended on somewhere 5th of this month. They should show up soon.

15. Waynerm002

A conquest rebate is usually if you have a competing vehicle you are trading in, or own, for the Stinger. The dealer will have a list of those. When I traded my 535 for the Optima Hybrid, they were doing a conquest rebate in addition to a rebate on the hybrid. Those are listed on finance and lease, maybe they will load in new lease cash info later.

Here is how it looks when I check out the lease deals on the Stinger:

upload_2018-9-5_17-33-33.png

16. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

I own a Ki and a Ford Mustang, would be nice to get both the loyalty and conquest :)

17. Waynerm002

Sadly, it’s one or the other.

18. twig2121

twig2121 Iceland Member

My information about 2019 models comes predominately from this forum. Whether the leaked Kia University docs, or what we've seen from 2019s in Canada. I've done some research on Kia Canada's website to compare 2018 and 2019 specs for things like fuel economy relative differences knowing 2019 gets the Neutral Coasting feature (no fuel efficiency change per CA website though). I've been actively researching for the last month to decide whether to go 2018 sale or wait for 2019s

You (and I) would think safety features trickle down to more models each year, however, that is not always the case. Marketing and accountants want customers to buy higher-priced trim levels so pushing us up market is normal. In fact, I had the same challenge when buying a different manufacturer this year. The GT is the best "deal" IMO to get performance and look, but can come in $6-9k less than paying for (nice) features that you don't really need. I suspect Kia executives realize this and why they seem to be pushing people to higher trims in 2019 by holding the adv safety features hostage. I commend other manufacturers that bring emergency braking to all models std.

19. Waynerm002

Wow! So the lease cash has been loaded to the site. Lease cash is now $8700 and there is the addition of $3000 for either the Loyalty rebate (for owning a KIA) or the Conquest rebate (owning a competing vehicle, dealer has the list). You can get one or the other but not both, plus the Military cash of $400. Anyone still looking has got some better deals now.

20. NovaKane

NovaKane United States Newish Member

So last weekend I put down $500 on a 43k GT (negotiated 35,200 after lease rebate and discounts) and signed some beginning paper work. I’m supposed to finish the paper work Saturday. Am I too late to get the extra 3k loyalty or competitor incentives added on? What are my options.

Draft saved Draft deleted