Seibon TS CF Hood

SunStreaker

Greetings All,

So, after much research, I have decided that my first mod this coming Spring, will be to finally procure and install a Seibon CF hood to the Stinger. To those that have completed this project themselves, I would ask- did you replace the power struts, as well?

Supposedly, the OEM hood struts cause creases in the hood over time. Is this true?

Also, if anyone out there with a Sunset Yellow Stinger has completed this, and would like to share a pic- that would be awesome!

A continuation of this thread will resume with updates and pics after the project is completed…which will be very soon (it’s all I’m going to be think about during the Winter :laugh:)!

Thank You.

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
Definitely get the low pressure struts!! Lots of members don't run hood pins, myself included, so thats on you. Haha! But i debate doing it at random.
Would recommend a PPF, or getting it clear coated.
And definitely do a thorough inspection before signing the delivered ticket. Most of the companies even state this If the driver seems rushed screw him/her they can wait.

SunStreaker

Definitely get the low pressure struts!! Lots of members don't run hood pins, myself included, so thats on you. Haha! But i debate doing it at random.
Would recommend a PPF, or getting it clear coated.
And definitely do a thorough inspection before signing the delivered ticket. Most of the companies even state this If the driver seems rushed screw him/her they can wait.
Nah- I’d never put hood pins on a Stinger, neither. o_O This isn’t American Muscle. PPF a good idea, as I already have the front of the car PPF protected already. Also, the K8 Stinger Store recommends the same inspection upon delivery. I hope there isn’t a problem with Seibon properly padding down the product during packaging. I can see a company skimping on this to reduce cost.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
replacing the hood struts are a must IMO, I did not like how the seibon hood behaved with the factory ones. If you tried to close it from a normal hoods closing points (Basically from the front of the hood) it felt like you where bending the hood. the extra 80 bucks or so for them is entirely worth it, and they take all of 5 minutes to swap with the factory hood already off the car.

Last edited:
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
Quick latch seems to be the way to go.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!