Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Scratches on front bumper

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Detailing Discussion' started by dilicom, Mar 17, 2020.

1. dilicom

dilicom Hong Kong New Member

Hi everyone, I hope you’re staying safe and healthy.

My wife took the Stinger out yesterday and unfortunately came back with scratches m on the front bumper :(. She tried to cover one of them with paint pen but obv didn’t work out well. This plus the other rock chips on the hood (def regretting not to spending money on PPF now) has made me wanting to get my hands dirty and fix them.

While I’m not an expert on detailing, I do enjoy working on the car myself. Was hoping to get some pointers as to what I should be doing to fix these scratches. After some reading up, I suppose the one with incorrect paint pen applied will need wet sanding? The other one I’m not sure?

Thanks in advance for the help!

L

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. RedCal

RedCal Canada Active Member

Dr. ColorChip might be the best DIY answer, a friend did his MazdaSpeed 3's front bumper - it got rid of 10+ years of stone chips... If you look close you can see the repair, but from 4-5ft away it's quite good

3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

OUCH!!:mad::(:poop:

Your poor wife must feel just awful doing that. :(

With extensive road attrition, it's time to respray the whole bumper cover. I don't know if you can get a matching spray paint made up, but if you could, that's what I'd try temporarily (mask well, of course). Spray the large damage, and use a touchup kit on the road attrition spots.

What a crappy way to have to introduce yourself. So sorry for you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Silvermanor

Silvermanor Canada Active Member

Repaint. And divorce.

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted