kia stinger store

Rubber bushings for rear eibach sway bar.

Ohiocruiser

Got my rear eibach bar installed yesterday. I had very bad experiences with polyurethane bushings in the past, with never ending squeaks. So for this one decided to find rubber replacement. This is the best one i could find. It is for 97-04 dodge dakota. Almost perfect fit for eibach brackets. It is still about 2mm shorter then eibach ones. But i glued piece of vinyl base and it fitted just great. No noises and it really improved the ride.

Attachments

• 20210218_102045.jpg
    20210218_102045.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210218_102102.jpg
    20210218_102102.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210218_102115.jpg
    20210218_102115.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 14

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
"Almost perfect fit"?? You're braver than I am. :p

I have a completely silent rear Eibach, but the front one creaks slightly going over speed bumps and gutters. I've taken to spraying it with silicone. Each time I spray salt out of the undercarriage I need to apply another shot of silicone.

Ohiocruiser

"Almost perfect fit"?? You're braver than I am. :p

I have a completely silent rear Eibach, but the front one creaks slightly going over speed bumps and gutters. I've taken to spraying it with silicone. Each time I spray salt out of the undercarriage I need to apply another shot of silicone.
Nah..nothing brave about it. Just piece of rubber. Obviously i will need to drive for some period of time to make sure it is working. For now i really like the difference from thicker rear bar. On the side note, i watched a savagegeese new g80 review. It has all aluminum rear subframe. I wonder if both stinger and g80 have same subframes. Swapping those would be really brave in my book.:cool:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Nah..nothing brave about it. Just piece of rubber. Obviously i will need to drive for some period of time to make sure it is working. For now i really like the difference from thicker rear bar. On the side note, i watched a savagegeese new g80 review. It has all aluminum rear subframe. I wonder if both stinger and g80 have same subframes. Swapping those would be really brave in my book.:cool:
No, you're brave: messing with replacement parts that "almost" fit is just nuts in my opinion. But if you're confident it'll work out, here's hoping that you're right. :thumbup:

The really brave guys are those putting the 3.3L Stinger engine into that DeLorean: and cutting away the subframe to lower it, then reinforcing the hole with their own welded in pieces. Now, that's just nuts. But car enthusiasts do this kind of thing all the time. Which is why I could never be a car enthusiast. I just drive the things.

Ohiocruiser

No, you're brave: messing with replacement parts that "almost" fit is just nuts in my opinion. But if you're confident it'll work out, here's hoping that you're right. :thumbup:

The really brave guys are those putting the 3.3L Stinger engine into that DeLorean: and cutting away the subframe to lower it, then reinforcing the hole with their own welded in pieces. Now, that's just nuts. But car enthusiasts do this kind of thing all the time. Which is why I could never be a car enthusiast. I just drive the things.
I am 99,99% positive these bushings will work. The very unlikely and the worst case scenario is that they somehow work their way out, and i would be driving back to garage with loud clunking, to fix it.