Roofrack???

momoracing

Newish Member
Atlanta, GA
I ordered a Yakima system for mine. Once I get all the pieces I'll see if the moonroof works. I was really surprised with their detailed diagrams and photos of the fit.
I stopped by my local REI and took measurements (height to the bottom of the crossbar and height to the bottom of the feet) of their Yakima display. It will be a very close call to be able to open the sunroof. Please keep us posted.

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
I stopped by my local REI and took measurements (height to the bottom of the crossbar and height to the bottom of the feet) of their Yakima display. It will be a very close call to be able to open the sunroof. Please keep us posted.
20220130_161340.jpg

momoracing

Newish Member
Atlanta, GA
That's great news!!! Can you please share the Yakima name/part numbers (feel, crossbar, fit kit)? Also, do you think there will be a clearance issue when you install let's say a bike/kayak rack since these sometimes have knobs that sit under the crossbar? Thank you for the picture.

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
That's great news!!! Can you please share the Yakima name/part numbers (feel, crossbar, fit kit)? Also, do you think there will be a clearance issue when you install let's say a bike/kayak rack since these sometimes have knobs that sit under the crossbar? Thank you for the picture.
I have a cargo box but I haven't fit it yet. I don't believe the clearance will allow for anything below. There is about an inch.

I'll have the kayak mounts coming so I can check both.

BaseLine Towers (Set of Four)
BaseClip 137 (B84-5)
JetStream (Pair) Medium (60”) / Black

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
With the kayak mounts at the edges, the moonroof opens.

20220131_153636.jpg

The moonroof will not open with the cargo box.

20220131_160152.jpg

Good hatch clearance

20220131_160244.jpg

Attachments

• 20220131_160026.jpg
    20220131_160026.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 30
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

momoracing

Newish Member
Atlanta, GA

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
This was very helpful... thank you very much! In your 2nd pic with the cargo box I can see the moonroof open, I reckon you stopped it manually before it hit the cargo box locks?

Thanks again... it looks amazing!
Yeah, it was open maybe three inches: very little space

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
Were there any issues with just opening it to a vent position? It seems like there is enough room.
No, just moving it back.

ElChanclo

BC ,Canada
What do you do about the auto lift hatch when you've got the kayak loaded? I have a roof rack on order but I just realized that unlike my old car with a manual lift hatch where you can open it just a foot to grab stuff, the stinger is going to try to open electronically and hit the kayak.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
What do you do about the auto lift hatch when you've got the kayak loaded? I have a roof rack on order but I just realized that unlike my old car with a manual lift hatch where you can open it just a foot to grab stuff, the stinger is going to try to open electronically and hit the kayak.
From the 2022 manual:

lfgt1.PNG lfgt2.PNG

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AlbyVaz

Newish Member
Just want to say I’d stay clear of pop rivets for a roof rack install… I wouldn’t trust them off-road, especially with bikes on the roof.. Or at all for that matter. In an accident they would rip straight out! That’s obviously just my opinion. But from what I’ve been hearing about all this malarkey with the Rhino Racks being installed with pop rivets and ending in tears I think it holds water. Ronny Dahl on YouTube has some pretty good info on it.
if it were me I’d drill through the roof and bolt it down with backing plates. You’d have a hard time ripping those out. But like I said… it’s only my opinion.

Dossun

Thule Wingbar Evo | 711420

Thule Clamp Evo | 710501

Kit 145081

Fits perfectly on my Stinger with a sunroof. Plenty of clearance and I use it to carry my two Mtn bikes, 12ft kayak, or a rooftop tent.

Quick installation and no drilling needed. The rubber feet and clamp protects the paint, all doors seals just fine.
F13F0840-6E2C-4B4E-8730-151E3F924CD6.jpeg

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
Thule Wingbar Evo | 711420

Thule Clamp Evo | 710501

Kit 145081

Fits perfectly on my Stinger with a sunroof. Plenty of clearance and I use it to carry my two Mtn bikes, 12ft kayak, or a rooftop tent.

Quick installation and no drilling needed. The rubber feet and clamp protects the paint, all doors seals just fine.
View attachment 76513
Looks good!