Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We have over 10,000 viewers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Dealer Markup Riverside Kia - Riverside, California

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by scharn, Apr 12, 2018.

1. scharn

scharn United States Member

So i've been on the look out for a stinger... they are the only ones on the west coast with the one I want, and get to see there other stingers.

They have a Ceramic Silver GT2 RWD, with 3k miles on it; they want... 51k for it. They are starting 1k over msrp, and most the other ones they have "new" are 4-5k.

Trying not to laugh as I write this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Just be aware that the difference between MSRP and "Dealer Invoice" on a GT2 is around $3,000 not counting other unknown incentives and quota discounts we don't have any way of knowing. They have a lot of room to make a profit. Shop around and demand a discount for 3K miles because that's a demo, not a new car. No one pays over MSRP for a demo, I hope.

3. Stung

Stung United States Member

run from that dealer - at that price I would just buy a new one

4. scharn

oh yeah i had zero intention to EVER buy over msrp for a new car, let alone one that has 3k miles on it... just kind of blew my mind that they would even attempt that.

5. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

There is a guy I ran across on Facebook who got screwed when they changed his numbers just before he get ready to sign for the car. Apparently he didn't catch the change and signed anyway. I gave him this forum address to join. Hopefully he will add his story to the others that buyers need to avoid at all costs -- unless he can convince the owner that the sales manager or someone screwed him and they make it right.

There are a lot of good, honest dealers out there. What I don't understand is why a dealer that has been used to selling low-priced cars to non-wealthy buyers, suddenly sees a goldmine in a higher priced car like the Stinger and thinks they can make a huge profit on an unwary buyer. Fortunately they are the exception to the rule.

6. scharn

WHOA I would be unstable at best if that had happened to me. He definitely should make a post on the forums, and that dealer should be blacklisted. Hell I would call KIA themselves and see what they think about all this. Hopefully he has an email or something with the previous settled on price.

7. BEACH Stinger

BEACH Stinger United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

I've got a Ceramic Silver GT2 AWD in Huntington Beach, if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  8. scharn

Believe me I'm well aware of your inventory and most dealers inventory west of the Mississippi at this point. Unfortunately i'm looking for RWD otherwise we'd absolutely would've talked by now. It is actually a pretty common car color car with AWD for some reason.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  9. mberk3

mberk3 United States Newish Member

I won't mention a name but when I was shopping around here in Southern California I did reach out to them. This is the response I got when inquiring about a Ceramic Silver GT2 RWD.

"I can ask to see if they would even sell this car for MSRP. They have it marked at selling price of $57k I'm not sure if they would do MSRP price of $50,175 but I can ask to see if they would do it. I'm being honest and straight to the point sir."

Wow!!! I can't imagine they are selling any Stingers as I was able to easily negotiate good prices with two other dealerships nearby and ended up purchasing from one of them. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted