Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We have over 10,000 viewers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Replacing Base Halogen Enclosure with LED Enclosure?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Stinger4Banger, Apr 17, 2018 at 2:01 PM.

1. Stinger4Banger

Stinger4Banger United States Newish Member

Has anyone attempted to switch out the halogen enclosure on a base 2.0 with a LED enclosure like the ones in the premium or GT versions? From pictures alone they seem like it would be plug and play since they're the same size, not sure if wiring will be an issue though.

2. robz32

robz32 United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator

To my knowledge there has not been anyone that has swapped out the halogen headlights to the GT LED ones. While they will phisically fit, I do not think the connection is a plug and play matter as the harness is different.

3. Stinger4Banger

Darn it, hopefully the harness isn't too much of a difficult replacement if it can even be replaced at all. Seen some HID kits for the 2.0 and figured might as well spend a little more and get the actual LED Headlight housing. Thanks

4. robz32

The HID kits are you best bet. Right now the LED headlight are very hard to come by as the car is fairly new, not many used stinger parts available. In the event the headlights were available they will not be cheap.

5. Javi Ramirez

Javi Ramirez United States Member Sustaining Member

I paid $65 for my HID lights and I’m liking the way the look for not much money wasted

6. Stinger4Banger

Mind if I ask which HID option you went with? Were they professionally installed or did you do so yourself? Thanks in advance!
    P.S. Wouldn't mind some pictures of the lights and how they look if you can post them :thumbup:

7. robz32

The ones I always recommend are the Sportiva. I have used them on 4 of my cars and have not had any problems, aside from an issue with one bulb, but they were quick and send a replacement without asking too many questions. Currently mi wifes G37 has one of these on the fog lights and it has been trouble free since we bought it 3 years ago. My previous car, M37S, had one as well for 4 years and zero issues. The kit went with the car once I sold it to get the Stinger :D

8. Stinger4Banger

Hmm ill look into them, especially if the Morimoto 9005 HID kit is still going for $180 :thumbdown:

9. Javi Ramirez

Javi Ramirez United States Member Sustaining Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    sooo it says “LED Headlight”

Draft saved Draft deleted