Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Removing muffler Tips

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Ivansito, May 13, 2018.

1. Ivansito

Ivansito United States Active Member

Has anyone removed or knows how to remove the muffler tips? More specifically, can it be remove without having to remove the bumper? I'm planning of painting it.

2. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

3. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Sal doesn't allow links from other Stinger forum to be shared here. Try PMing it to him.

4. DCBStingerGT

Ok, Thanx

5. DCBStingerGT

Each set of exhaust tips are secured to the bumper by 4 screws.

Powdercoated Black.
    kia_stinger_exhaust_tip1.jpg kia_stinger_exhaust_tip2.jpg kia_stinger_exhaust_tip3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ivansito

Ivansito United States Active Member

Yes thank you. I have seen that post on some other forum. I have gone under the muffler tips and have seen and felt the 4 screws. My concern is not the connection but how specifically does get remove once you undo the screws. The muffler tips has a metel bracket that houses the tip which will prevent them from coming out the back. While the rear of the tips encompass the muffler pipes atleast a inch. It does appear that the bumper must come off but I was hoping for someone to shed some light on a alternative idea.

7. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Hey ivan, unless you are doing the exhaust, you will have to remove the bumper. I was thinking of replacing the tips with some trumpet style tips painted flat black.

Draft saved Draft deleted