Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Remote Start Front Windshield defrost ?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by Brian B, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Brian B

Brian B United States Member

So I have the dealer installed remote start system and Ive been trying to figure out why the front windshield isnt defrosting when activated. Ive done this now on 3 separate days were the temps have been dropping in the the low 30's or mid twenties in the mornings and with the remote start activated (Using main Key Fob Lock plus trunk release button) it starts up but does squat to the frosty front windshield.

I thought it was supposedly able to automatically detect frost or low temps what gives ? When I shut the car off the night before does the ac need to be set to auto or some other setting I dont know about ? Its bad enough that remote start doesn't activate the rear defroster at all. I might as well just go to the car in the morning and start it my self and leave it running (locked) if its a snow day?

2. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

You need to leave the climate control on the desired setting, so that next time you turn on the car it will turn on the climate and put it on the setting you last had it on.

Leaving it on Auto is the best way to ensure the climate control will activate the defrost if needed, when you remote start the car.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Brian B

Gotcha, so I need to select the front windshield defrost in the climate controls before I turn the car off or select auto setting on the climate controls to ensure the remote start automatically start defrosting the front windshield when the temperatures are low. I was under the assumption that remote start would automatically do this without any previous climate sections, well that would explain why i could never get the front to defrost when i remote started it...

4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Leaving the climate control in Auto will activate the defrost automatically if needed, when you remote start the car.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

@Brian B you use your main Key Fob to remote start the car? Do you have any info on this. My dealer said this wasnt possible.

6. DanielN

DanielN United States Member

Yeah the main Key Fob can start the car, press lock twice and then the trunk button. This will work if you have the remote start option installed.

7. Brian B

Yes, For Remote start i use the main nice key (lock then press truck release once).

8. Brian B

Thank you I will leave it in auto climate control setting tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted