• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

Regional Questions

Vermillion

So, if you come across the introduction thread I've just picked up a 3.3 GTS. Just to test the waters I ordered a lease to test the waters, primarily because I've always been BMW and secondly because the horizon is shifting with the Stinger. The more I researched things the more questions I've accumulated.

Firstly it seems they're dropping the 2.0L and diesel over here (the lease company only sells the 3.3 GTS), what does that mean for the longevity of the Stinger? I know only Kia can probably answer that but if you've heard some news let me know. Secondly it appears only select dealerships can sell Stingers, does that mean only certain branches can service them?

Thirdly does anyone know of any changes between our models and the US versions? AFAIK the only real difference is brake pads, and finally (phew.!) what changes have been made since the 2017 model? From research the HUD was updated to include things like road limits, transmission updates and a few recall / bulletin fixes.. I've heard mentions of exhaust "updates" but said information seems almost ephemeral and inconsistent.

Last edited:

JJay

Hi. I'm also new (ish) to the Stinger, and have a 2.0. My dealership has advised that the 2.0 and 2.2 are no longer available to buy new in the UK, but the 3.3 is. Initially there wasn't going to be a release of the new stinger model, 2021 I believe, but have been advised otherwise, but only by a select amount of dealerships, so perhaps that is now the same for the current 3.3.

Where are you located in the UK, any pics of your car, possible modifications for it?

Vermillion

Hi. I'm also new (ish) to the Stinger, and have a 2.0. My dealership has advised that the 2.0 and 2.2 are no longer available to buy new in the UK, but the 3.3 is. Initially there wasn't going to be a release of the new stinger model, 2021 I believe, but have been advised otherwise, but only by a select amount of dealerships, so perhaps that is now the same for the current 3.3.

Where are you located in the UK, any pics of your car, possible modifications for it?
Yeah, I looked into it a couple of years back and the dealer down in Surrey didn't sell the Stinger. Kinda hard to make it a success if they don't actually sell the car in many places..

Anywho, I was expecting delivery.. Thought all was well and then it got delayed for some reason?! Should have it towards the end of next week (hopefully). I'll throw up some pics IF I ever actually get the thing. Had a few test drives though before ordering :)..

Doubt I'll mod it in anyway, it has plenty of kit as standard and enough power to keep a smirk on one's face.