Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Ready to buy a GT have questions

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Dennis Macho, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Dennis Macho

Dennis Macho United States Member

My name is Dennis. I live in So Jersey. I been into fords and older lightnings. Just sold my 10 sec blown 1995. Was hot on the new 2018 mustang GT with 10 speed auto. Am I crazy considering the Stinger , have yet to test drive one. Looking at a Ceramic color GT1 AWD tomorrow in Phila. Reviews are great on this car but since I wouldn't drive much in snow am I better off with the RWD GT ??? I want to take advantage of the June offers . Yes I saw them in person Today at to different dealers in my area. and I like them. Help me decide. performance is a factor for me and I intend to make a few passes at atco. I would hate to buy a AWD stinger and find out it can only achive 13.70's. $45,570 is the price they offered me on a GT1 AWD. any help is appreciated

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

If you have not seen it yet, this would be the comparison for you. Rather impressive given the 95 HP difference between the two.
    Throttle House Mustang GT vs. Stinger

From what I've read as far as stock stingers goes, RWD with LSD (Limited Slip Differential) is the quickest at the strip at around 12.5 with the AWD is clocking in at 13.1
    If speed is what you're after those figures can be pushed down with mods and a tune / chip.

I'm in love with the torque vectoring that the AWD is offering, It just tears through the corners. I'd love another 2 door sports car but I'm plenty happy with the Stinger given we have two tall boys for the foreseeable future.

3. Dennis Macho

This is a good reply . I just find it hard to believe the AWD GT beat the 2018 10 speed three times in a row. are they sure that GT awd was bone stock

4. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

Here's the results a forum member posted about his wife's AWD GT1 vs. his 436 HP LS3 Camaro this past weekend.
    ...vs Camaro SS

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

For right off the line, the AWD is going to get in front. So "dragging State" is going to be good in the AWD. But the AWD loses out in the quarter. Once the cars are moving the 2WD is going to have less interference from two wheels than four. That's where the quarter goes to the 2WD GT. So if you are a dragster doing quarter mile, the 2WD is your choice. But if you are going to smoke the competition around town, the AWD is going to impress more often for the short hops. Also, you save $2,200 if you don't get the AWD. It weighs about 200# more than the 2WD, which is also another reason why the lighter car does better by the end of the quarter.

6. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

The AWD Stinger is slower 0-60 than the RWD. The AWD only has an advantage if the RWD loses traction. In stock form on a decent road that’s not happening.

7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

So, pick your venue to your advantage. Race in winter, in the rain. I'm still not convinced by this "0-60" assertion across the board. In ideal conditions, your "decent road", maybe more often than not? I wonder, but not enough to go out looking for "trouble". :)

8. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

The performance figures have been reported by different outlets. The RWD is the verified faster Stinger. (Unless you find a drag strip that's open while it rains/snows :thumbdown:)

9. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

i grew up in brooklyn and had to drive through some horrific blizzards. except for my volvo's and a suburban that i owned for all of 2 minutes, i never had any awd/4wd vehicles. i remember driving through winter snowstorms in a clapped out camaro running 60's. drum brakes and ladder bars. unless you are driving through snowbanks, i would go rwd, saving weight and driveline complexities. thats just me, but i do know, i have friends who swear by their subies and its awd system, and had to push them out with the camaro, rear tires rooster tailing snow and sleet. nothing like a huge v8 roaring through snow and sleet pushing an outback out of a snow covered street. pick and choose your battles and your car will win. good luck and welcome to the hive

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. Dennis Macho

drove a GT2 AWD today and enjoyed it some turbo lag from the GET but after about 30 ft it went. The sales girl that went with me was cool. We figured out how to use the launch control also :). Right after I drove a 2018 GT stang with 10 speed auto and 355 gears. It hit more violent in the upper RPM range and sounded great but I still like the feel , drive and tec features in a stinger. Now I can get the GT1 AWD in Ceramic with remote start for $45K even. The first lease prices they gave me were. $2k down $599 a month for 36 months with 10K mikes a year 3k down and it drops to $569 monthly . This is complete out the door. TO BUY... the same car $12,000 down $509 a month for 75 months. I am leaning towards a lease since it wont be a daily driver. any thoughts.. PS: I drove the mustang alone and took a Vid of speedo WFO in the first 3 gears if someone wants to see and hear how it climbs. Leaning towards the more refined Stinger

11. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Stinger Enthusiast

If you can swing it, get the GT2 AWD. No regrets on my part. I added the K&N cold air intake and its a screamer.

12. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

I’m in NY and got last month GT1 AWD with remote start ceramic 2k down 12k miles $540 a month including taxes and they located the car from PA. I think they could do better for you if you do the lease.

13. Dennis Macho

Thanks I need AMMO when I come back at them. MY nephew leased a 2018 Q50 red sport with $2500 and his 10 K 36 month lease was $530

PS :: is the ceramic as nice in person as it look in pics. havn't seen that color yet

14. BallsAwesome

BallsAwesome United States Active Member

Where in South Jersey are you from?

15. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

I love the color a lot of people ask me if it’s a wrap.

16. Dennis Macho

I live in the Vineland Area, Rosenhayn to be exact

17. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I would make them an offer of $0 down and a 12k, 36 month lease for the same monthly payment. This is offer is based on my lease which I signed a couple of weeks ago. GT1 RWD, Driver Assist package, $46,255 msrp, $2,500 down which included the first month payment and they rolled $2,300 negative payoff into the lease. $600.00 per month. The Stinger also had tinted windows, pin stripe and mud guards which was not in the msrp.

18. Dennis Macho

I appreciate all the responses in the HIVE. I owned a new 2009 Mazda speed3 and joined their site. Mazdaspeed forum. I learned alot about what works and what dont and was guided well. I sold it in 2012 right after they kicked me out because I challenged a few pimple faced young kids on that site,. lets just say I am a senior with a AARP card lol... In the NLOC.net site I am a member since 2000 . Huffentuff95 over there need to get a nick name over here, they called me ole Huff there.

19. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

if you haven't purchased yet, and you are a costco member, go through their auto program, they have to honor the price. its your money, negotiate til they hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dennis Macho

I had the owner of another stealership offer me the same GT1 Ceramic with AWD and remote start for 2k down + first payment of $579.00 and 12,000 miles a year. it might be the best I can do.

Draft saved Draft deleted