kia stinger store

Rattles, squeaks, and other annoying noises that a new car shouldn’t have!

Check all boxes that apply to your problems or issues.

• Total voters

CrashCade

Newish Member
How many of you guys are dealing with misc rattles that you can’t seem to sort out?

How many have had the interior door handles pull off the door card?

Any other pressing issues on the 2.5 or 3.3 that the dealer can’t seem to fix?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Do you invite anyone to respond who doesn't have issues?

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
Nothing here

vipeboy2000

Middle Tennessee
I voted problem free even though I had the Velcro like sound near the sunroof about 3 months in which was resolved be pushing up on the headliner next to the sunroof, a little pop sound and no sounds for 11k miles and 9 months since.

jthrelf

Have one small rattle / buzz but can't pinpoint it. Need someone to sit in the back or drive it for me.

Right now I just crank the radio.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Grab handle,inside front passenger door.
I hope it didn't (literally) let anybody down. How did you discover that it was broken? I've never heard of this happening before, by the way.

mikegt2

Newish Member
My son got in passenger side and when he tried to close the door the grab handle came out of the door , just bought the car about 3 hours before this happened. Car had about 300 miles on it when this happened.

87and66

Stinger Enthusiast
Pittsburgh, PA
my rear suspension rattles. Not horribly loud, but still annoying when I don't have music on. My car is on lowering springs and has Whiteline sway bars. Both installed by me. Not sure if either caused it becasue I can't remember if it did that before I put either on.

My driver door makes a buzzing sound that started on a 3 hour road trip on the highway. Can't figure out what it is. It's also moderatley annoying.

I've noticed after the car gets rained on and then the water on it dries; as soon as I start on the next drive, all of the door seals will make noise for a while. It's strange, but it goes away after 10 minutes or so.

36,000 miles on the car, in case anyone were to ask

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Oh, that "grab handle": I thought that you meant the one in the headliner. :p You must mean that the top of the handle pulled away from the door panel. Am I right?
DSCF0835.JPG
My son got in passenger side and when he tried to close the door the grab handle came out of the door , just bought the car about 3 hours before this happened. Car had about 300 miles on it when this happened.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Yes that is correct.
It's not broken: by appearances it was never fastened behind the door card. That should be an easy peasy fix: just show them, they'll have the card opened and the handle fastened and you on your way in half an hour. I say this with confidence, because when I first got my Stinger the left driver's floor mat hook was not attached: some maroon had applied a dab of some ridiculous glue, thinking that would hold it, and thus it would hold the mat. I saw immediately that the mat was not sitting flush, picked up the corner and up came the hook with its dried glue. I showed it to the sales guy and he got me into the service department: they asked me if I was okay with them removing "panels", and I said, "whatever it takes to put that hook into the floor." It took half an hour. :thumbup:

SafetyPilotCal

Had an extraordinarily annoying rattle in the roof that the dealership could never fix. Fortunately it only made it's presence known if the car sat in the sun in the summer, which was rare. The airbag clockspring also rattled nearly every time you started driving it. Eventually it would settle in somewhere and stop making noise. I took the steering wheel off to investigate it and had I kept the car, I would have put some felt tape around it to try and prevent the rattle. Other than that, it was an very solid, well built interior.

ThunderBoy724

Edmonton
My rear deck lid was always a bit high on the drivers side. I thought it was just warped plastic and I didn't want to say anything to the dealer (they are....ahem....difficult) so I just left it for almost a whole year. One day when I decided to try to fix my hatch rattle I had the plastic block on the hatch removed and I noticed that the bolt that holds the deck lid on was missing. I found a small 10mm bolt in my junk drawer and it snugged the deckled up nicely. I checked the other side and the bolt was very loose. This fix also cured my hatch rattle.