Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Rattle from Center Dashboard

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Leonidass, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Leonidass

Leonidass United States Member

Anyone experienced a rattle from the center of the car right above the climate controls? If so, what is the best way to fix this? Sounds like the two plastic pieces keep hitting each other.

I filmed this on an asphalt road without that many bumps..

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I think plastic rubbing against plastic would sound more squeaky. A "rattle" indicates something loose back in there. Yes, a few last year complained about a "ticking" coming from behind the dash. I don't recall what the outcome of those were.

3. Leonidass

This is a 2019 Stinger GT1 by the way. When I push down on the glossy plastic housing that surrounds the climate controls, it stops the rattle.

Not sure how to take it apart to check but I dont think anything is lose, this starts and stops randomly.

4. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Look in the diy section on replacing the sliding tray for the qi charging one.

that’s gets you right in there. Then used thin felt strips.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Leonidass

Thank yall for the info, I will try the felt tape because it is driving me crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted