Ram air lit kit fuse tap

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
Hit @StingerbyAdoom up. He might be able to help. He just "hardwired" his underglow

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
Use the fuse location that I colored red. There wont be anything in that spot. It is normally used for the BMS Methanol kit as a switched fuse.

Alternatively, you can use the CK71 install instructions to figure out which headlight wire you need to tap in the front to get the LEDS to turn on with the DRLs. In my GT2's case, it was the Yellow wire on the headlight harness. IDK about other trims though.
kia-stinger-fuse-box-diagram-engine-compartment-2018.jpg

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!

Uhhhwut

Newish Member
Use the fuse location that I colored red. There wont be anything in that spot. It is normally used for the BMS Methanol kit as a switched fuse.

Alternatively, you can use the CK71 install instructions to figure out which headlight wire you need to tap in the front to get the LEDS to turn on with the DRLs. In my GT2's case, it was the Yellow wire on the headlight harness. IDK about other trims though.
View attachment 74214
Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
I have the ram air intake snorkels lit kit and I keep forgetting to turn it off through the app. I have the fuse tap. Does anyone know if any of the fuses I can tap into to have it turn on and off as the car turns on and off?
I know I’ll be the same way, forgetting to turn it on/off with the app. Im planning to install my kit this weekend. Did you completely remove the switch from the circuit or did you just snip the power wire that goes to the fuse box and splice it into the fuse tap, leaving the switch as part of the circuit with it always in the on position? Thus, starting the car turns on/off the lights.

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
Does nobody leave their lights on at shows? Seems like a loss to me to not be able to show what you've done when its hooked to the ignition. Especially with the money spent for a lit set up.

Uhhhwut

Newish Member
I know I’ll be the same way, forgetting to turn it on/off with the app. Im planning to install my kit this weekend. Did you completely remove the switch from the circuit or did you just snip the power wire that goes to the fuse box and splice it into the fuse tap, leaving the switch as part of the circuit with it always in the on position? Thus, starting the car turns on/off the lights.
Probably too late. But I added it after the switch. I want to completely remove the switch and all that extra wire. I just haven’t gotten around to it and I left it on just to make sure it works.

Uhhhwut

Newish Member
Does nobody leave their lights on at shows? Seems like a loss to me to not be able to show what you've done when its hooked to the ignition. Especially with the money spent for a lit set up.
I’ve never been to a show with this car, but with the fuse tap I can just move it to a different fuse position and it’ll stay on when the car is off.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
I’ve never been to a show with this car, but with the fuse tap I can just move it to a different fuse position and it’ll stay on when the car is off.
Tap the right wire coming from the headlights and you can just leave your DRL's running and they will stay on....

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

View attachment 74214
Thank you for this. I finally figured out the correct fuse is a micro2 for that slot and installed mine today.

Quick question. There’s an inline fuse along the red wire that leads to the fuse tap. That red wire is really long. Before the tap the red wire was connected directly to an always “hot” electrical terminal. Now that the wire leads directly to a fuse tap can I remove that inline fuse and thus remove a lot of the excess red wire?

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
Thank you for this. I finally figured out the correct fuse is a micro2 for that slot and installed mine today.

Quick question. There’s an inline fuse along the red wire that leads to the fuse tap. That red wire is really long. Before the tap the red wire was connected directly to an always “hot” electrical terminal. Now that the wire leads directly to a fuse tap can I remove that inline fuse and thus remove a lot of the excess red wire?
I don't see why not if its an excess amount of red wire.

I just wanted to be sure that removing the built in fuse that is in the red wire won’t effect anything.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
I just wanted to be sure that removing the built in fuse that is in the red wire won’t effect anything.
as long as you have another fuse in the tap it will be fine.

Thank you. I’ll remove it after work today.

Is there any reason to have the switch in the circuit if I’m tapped into a location that’s on and off with the car ignition. Am I missing anything if I remove it?

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
Thank you. I’ll remove it after work today.

Is there any reason to have the switch in the circuit if I’m tapped into a location that’s on and off with the car ignition. Am I missing anything if I remove it?
what switch are you referring to?

D.J.

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
as long as you have another "APPROPRIATELY SIZED FOR FOR THE WIRE" fuse in the tap it will be fine.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
as long as you have another "APPROPRIATELY SIZED FOR FOR THE WIRE" fuse in the tap it will be fine.
Yes, This. One would hopefully think that they are using the correct size fuse.

The in line fuse is 10a and I have a 10a micro2 fuse tap.

Attachments

• 11A0BFE0-1673-40D2-9FAF-3E8FA6D0F9ED.jpeg
    11A0BFE0-1673-40D2-9FAF-3E8FA6D0F9ED.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 354E2D2A-C62D-4CB3-AB7A-920D2E38BECD.jpeg
    354E2D2A-C62D-4CB3-AB7A-920D2E38BECD.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 6

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
I kept the inline fuse on mine just because. Shortened the wire after with a butt connector. As for the switch your ignition is now the switch. Thats in case you hard wire it (switch).